SideMount Setup Fine Tuning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks great. Is your picture mirrored?

Right hand tank:
- Long hose
- BC inflator when using drysuit(6in hose on end of turret)

Left Tank:
- Short hose
- BC inflator wetsuit(6in hose on end of turret)
- Drysuit inflator when using(6in hose on end of turret)

Also of note, when using a drysuit the long hose is stored under the inflator & hose so when you roll the turret towards the receiving person is doesn't get spun up in the inflator.

Also of note, when using a drysuit the long hose is stored under the inflator & hose so when you roll the turret towards the receiving person is doesn't get spun up in the inflator.

i don’t get that at all.

Looks great. Is your picture mirrored?

Yes, the pic was a selfie that mirrored the image...weird! My setup is pretty close to the standard....similar to what you said, but the right tank has the drysuit inflator [I dive cold water where I live], left tank has the BC inflator hose.

I also do not get your last comment...can you elaborate or take a pic, please?

Some people put the inflator hose on the right bottle when diving dry so that you dump both the dry suit(left shoulder) at the same time you dump the wing (with the pull in the left side). It obviously doesn’t matter if you dive the xdeep with the central dump but if your dump is on one side, this make sense.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom