For Sale Sidemount Scuba Kit, TX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Howdy, folks!

I got into sidemount tech briefly before a prognosis from my doctor that I shouldn't be diving, much less doubles tech due to a back injury. So, I got a good dive or maybe two out of this gear. I set it all up with help from one of the best sidemount tech instructors in the area. Unfortunately, I had to tear down a little bit of it. Here's what's included.

Two AL80s, complete with straps, weights to counteract the floatiness. Pro Valve, but set up as DIN.
Two MK25 Evos, two S600s, one drysuit inflator valve, two scubapro swivels, almost entirely braided hoses.
One XTEK Scubapro SM BC, lightly modified with help from my instructor. It has the bigger bladder in it.

Currently one reg set is set up as yoke and for recreational, but the conversions are included and all the parts to put it back to SM tech are included.

I'm also willing to sell my Oceanic OCi. No transmitter. No photos right now (not with me), but I can send some if need be.

I also have a bag full of generic parts for SM, mostly hose retainers, double enders, D-rings, and some big big snaps. I also have a Halcyon lift bag, a Halcyon SMB and a Halcyon Defender Pro Spool. I'm not totally sure what length, but I'm fairly sure it's the 45m.

The kit does need a little work to get up and running, but all the parts are here. I'd be happy to give instruction on how to set it all up after the purchase. I unfortunately do not have the tools I need to put it all back together, but I can recommend a shop that'll do a great, great job with the right guy.

I am somewhat willing to sell this as parts, but I'd rather keep it as a kit for now.

I understand that it's a bit taken apart, and the parts I may be missing are spread between my college living and back home (San Marcos and San Antonio), but I haven't lost anything. I will be back to get the rest this weekend. I would prefer not to ship this stuff, especially the tanks.

I've been quoted around $3500 as an estimate for the full kit, assuming the computer, and all the parts and including the work to have modified the BC and set up the tank straps. I'm willing to work a little bit, but it needs to be a fair deal for both of us.

Needed a way to upload more than 10. Hopefully this is okay. Sidemount Scuba Kit

If you're serious, I'd be happy to give my email or phone number to further discuss.

Back
Top Bottom