Sidemount pouch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhuntley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
To any of you DIY people out there or just those who don't want to pay $75 for a pouch, what cheaper options are there for sidemount pouches? My spare mask and roll up snorkel need to go someplace, heh.

Thanks
--
RH

If you really are on the cheap a Walmart pencil case costs less than 5 bucks and has 3 grommets so it can snap into a binder. Disposable and colorful.

Sent from my SGH-I757M using Tapatalk

Since you're in Canada, go to MEC and get one of their mesh pouches. Cheap and drains easily. Get rid of the plastic clip, attach a bolt snap or two and you're done.
OnSight Universal Pouch - Mountain Equipment Co-op. Free Shipping Available

I use a Medium when I cave dive, but you could get the large if you're going to stuff a lot of things into it. Make sure everything is clipped off, or it'll all go floating away when you unzip the bag.

Since you're in Canada, go to MEC and get one of their mesh pouches. Cheap and drains easily. Get rid of the plastic clip, attach a bolt snap or two and you're done.
OnSight Universal Pouch - Mountain Equipment Co-op. Free Shipping Available

I use a Medium when I cave dive, but you could get the large if you're going to stuff a lot of things into it. Make sure everything is clipped off, or it'll all go floating away when you unzip the bag.
Thanks, gearhound. Just what I was looking for. I'll sew on another point for a bolt snap, and add some fixing points on the inside.

Easiest thing to do is use zip ties. The holes in the mesh are big enough to fit them through. Or use cave line to attach the bolt snaps. Either will be stronger than thread. You can get small plastic d-rings from MEC also for attachment points. Shouldn't need more than two.

Not as cheap as some of the recommended options, but I was recommended this unit by a fellow forum member a while back. It has 2 drain holes at the bottom, I typically carry a 5ft SMB with spool, wetnotes, knife and sometimes a spare torch in it. It's pretty "full" with all those items in it, but not bursting at the seams kinda full.

5.11 Tactical 10.6 Horizontal Pouch | Official 5.11 Site

I use Condor's thigh pouch made for carrying AR-15/M-16 mags. It is solidly constructed, doesn't mind the water (no metal snaps, uses Velcro) and holds my spare mask, snorkel, spool, slate and deco tables when dives require such things. I often carry it empty and usually regret it when I don't--like when I recently found 3 nice crankbaits and had no place to put them. Hooks and neoprene gloves don't get along!

Here the link and they come in black. I think I paid $25:

Condor Outdoor Drop leg Dump Pouch

Blessings!

ShootnStr8

I took a look at all the options, and having owned 511 products already, I'm going to go with the 10.6 Horizontal Pouch as I know the quality in their products. @Shoot, thanks for the suggestion, I have a strong distaste for Velcro though.

Thanks everyone!
--
RH

Back
Top Bottom