Side mount config.?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I understand, currently I have worn bottles clipped high, but as I spearfish often they get in the way even up close. I am looking into refinning my rig to lower them an get them out of the way, in what I imagine to be proper side mount configuration. Just found an experienced sidemount board member that offered to give me some pointers. Thanks again all!

Folks what do you think about using nylon line for attaching sides of the banded wing to backplate or should I use steel rope or something like this...?
Thanx!

rig2.JPG

rig3.JPG

rig1.JPG

Why not just use the Armadillo, it's specifically designed for side mounts. No muss, no fuss!

jtoorish:
Why not just use the Armadillo, it's specifically designed for side mounts. No muss, no fuss!

I have yet to see a sidemount configuration that works well out of a box. I've seen the Armadillo used,and I've seen some people trim well with it,and I've seen others drag the bottom. I will say the transpac works,but needs a lot of tweaking.

karstdvr:
I have yet to see a sidemount configuration that works well out of a box. I've seen the Armadillo used,and I've seen some people trim well with it,and I've seen others drag the bottom. I will say the transpac works,but needs a lot of tweaking.
I strated by using me Zeagle Tech simialr to the way that people use transpacs and it worked ok.

My Armadillo took very little to set it up but as per any sidemount config it still is personal to me

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom