SI-Tech vs. Apeks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Arnaud

Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been discussed before, but the search function doesn't work for a 2 word letter (SI)...

Anyway, I'm thinking about replacing the valves on my FLX 50/50.

I'm leaning toward a forearm location (not the wrist). I currently have a high profile Apeks on the triceps.

Now, I keep reading and hearing that the low profile mushroom style from Apeks doesn't dump air so well, so I was looking at the SI Tech lp valve. Does it dump air as well as the high profile Apeks?

The other option would be to put a high profile on the forearm but that may be awkward. Does anyone have that setup?

Thanks!

I just had the low profile Apeks on my forearm replaced with an Apeks high profile valve. The actualy difference in profile isn't really that significant.

The low profile valve is actually much larger, but slightly lower in profile, the major difference is the shape of the valve.

The high profile valve doesn't appear to be any more likely to catch on things, with the added bonus it hasn't leaked yet.

I have used all three valves in question, and by far prefer the SiTech low profile. It dumps great, doesn't get in the way, and doesn't have the annoying leaks I had witht he APEKS diaghrams.

Never had a leak with an Apeks. Used both LP and Tall. I like the tall for 2 reasons. It holds my harness when I put on my BP. And it works great. Never a problem.

I had a Si Tech too. I swapped it to a Apeks Tall. I like that it can hang up on my harness and it works great. And when you learn to remove the harness correctly. It comes right off. Si Tech worked well. But not any better then my Apeks. And I like it tall. Sometimes the harness will slip off when suiting up if I use LP. Never happens with a Tall Apeks. Not a big deal, but I like it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom