Si Tech Quick Glove came off. Any advise?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you talking about the "Antares" system?

The OP's link is to the Antares oval system, which are the what I just installed on my Fusion. I have the Quick Glove system also, and Vikings use the same friction fittings.

Hi friends! Thanks for your posts!

The OP's link is to the Antares oval system, which are the what I just installed on my Fusion. I have the Quick Glove system also.
Are you talking about the "Antares" system?

I have the SiTech Quick Glove System (QGS). It is something different than the "Antares" or the QCS Oval system. In the link it is found below the Antares and Glove Lock. If memory serves, my QGS was exactly the system with the "loose" o-ring problem. Si Tech really should give their products more distinct names: Quick Clamp, Quick Cuff, Qick Change, Quick Glove, Glove lock... Very confusing.

Lick it (the o-ring) or if you're not comfortable with that then spit on it or find some other way to lubricate it. You said you had trouble getting them on. Is it possible that it just wasn't pushed in all the way? R..

It came off in a different place - where the glove itself is mounted on the glove ring with a spanner ring. Next time I'll try to lick the o-ring; hope my tongue will not freeze to it. :)

I think you are saying the gloves and ring that holds the glove inside the docking ring fell out. I put a wrap of electrical tape on the blue spanner ring since the same thing happened to me. They've been in place for 2.5 years.

That's a good idea, I'll try it! I definitely should develop more of DIY approach to my equipment.

Thank you everyone for your inputs! I really appreciate that you took time to post on my question!

J.

Just one final point -- DON'T glue the gloves to the rings. Gloves can and do develop leaks, and they can be hard to fix. I change gloves at least once a year. Gluing them in would make that a PITA.

The EZ-On black rubber/latex gloves (sometimes they are orange on the inside) that you are using are quite slippery. If you are not leaving enough space in the wrist I can imagine that those gloves can come lose from the inner spanner ring during twisting or other effort during a dive. You really do need to make sure that you are using the largest/tightest spanner ring possible to secure those gloves.

The blue (or orange) PVC coated gloves (Showa or Atlas)-- that others are referring to have more traction than the latex gloves and the inner knit lining also gives the inner spanner ring a nice bite. If the PVC coated gloves are well secured it would be quite difficult to work them loose from the inner spanner ring during a dive.

You can try these:

Atlas Glove, Cold Resistant, Insulated PVC, Removable Liner, 495

For a snugger fit of basically the same glove, you can try the 620 or 660 Vinylove (620 has slightly more dexterity):

Atlas Gloves - Chemical Resistant

Hi friends! Thanks for your posts!

I have the SiTech Quick Glove System (QGS). It is something different than the "Antares" or the QCS Oval system. In the link it is found below the Antares and Glove Lock. If memory serves, my QGS was exactly the system with the "loose" o-ring problem. Si Tech really should give their products more distinct names: Quick Clamp, Quick Cuff, Qick Change, Quick Glove, Glove lock... Very confusing.

It came off in a different place - where the glove itself is mounted on the glove ring with a spanner ring. Next time I'll try to lick the o-ring; hope my tongue will not freeze to it. :)

That's a good idea, I'll try it! I definitely should develop more of DIY approach to my equipment.

Thank you everyone for your inputs! I really appreciate that you took time to post on my question!

J.

OP PM your address and I can send you some of the slightly smaller o-rings for the Quick Glove system. Should be able to get them there via mail in an envelope?? I can steal some stamps from the little woman's desk.

You can try the electrical tape as I have seen it done before. If that doesn't work though, I would just switch to an Atlas glove with removable liners.

Just one final point -- DON'T glue the gloves to the rings. Gloves can and do develop leaks, and they can be hard to fix. I change gloves at least once a year. Gluing them in would make that a PITA.

Thanks, that's a good point. I'll better try different gloves or may be the electrical tape on the Spanner ring.

The EZ-On black rubber/latex gloves (sometimes they are orange on the inside) that you are using are quite slippery. If you are not leaving enough space in the wrist I can imagine that those gloves can come lose from the inner spanner ring during twisting or other effort during a dive.

This is true. The EZ-On gloves are slippery, indeed. It was tricky to install them just because of that. In addition to that I measured the necessary length of the glove without counting with streatching arms/sleeves while moving, and so the glove came off. A good lesson. Thank you for the links and tips, which gloves to get.

J.

---------- Post added March 11th, 2013 at 09:35 PM ----------

OP PM your address and I can send you some of the slightly smaller o-rings for the Quick Glove system. Should be able to get them there via mail in an envelope?? I can steal some stamps from the little woman's desk.

Thanks, Peter, this is really kind of you! I didn't mean to lead you into temptation with the stamps, but, on the other hand, to help your neighbour is a good deed.:) I tried to PM my address couple of times but it looks like the PM's were not sent. I'll try again tomorrow. Many thanks!:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom