SI-Tech Quick Cuff users: Removing wrist seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheMadDane

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Ok,
I just bought a set of these so that I can change wrist seals with ease and not have to glue or pay someone to glue new ones in when needed.

I have inserted the latex seal into the hard ring 1st pic. :D

I then inserted the seal and ring into the Sleeve ring, (though not yet attatched to the suit, 2nd pic.

GREAT I think, :D it fits perfectly together, this will work out great for convenience etc once I mount the sleeve ring permenantly to my Bare NexGen dry suit sleeves.

Do you think I can get the damned things apart now? :dork2: No WAY no HOW! :shocked2: I am afraid I will destroy the rings if I place any kind of wedge or tool into the groove between the latex and the sleeve ring. I think you'r supposed to push them apart using both thumbs, but I'll be damned if I can even get it to budge. :no:

Any suggestions on getting these things to part company so I can finally install them onto my suit, although if it's near impossible I think I might forgo these Quick Cuffs and just glue in some new wrist seals.

Thanks.

Claus

Attachments

• 2000102970847320632_rs.jpg
    2000102970847320632_rs.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 125
  • 2000153186885632870_rs.jpg
    2000153186885632870_rs.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 134
Hi Claus, Did you ever get a good solution to getting the quick cuffs apart? Having the same issue. Scott

I just use my fingers to gently wedge and slide the inner ring out of the outer ring.

Thanks for the video that was what I was trying to get at but video is better than pictures anyday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom