Si Tech Pee Valve internal leak?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great. I just ordered a suit with this valve. :(

Should I contact the manufacturer and have them install a Light Monkey instead?
YES!!! My favorite is Halcyon, LM is good too. SI Tech is garbage. I’ve had two leak. I’ve given up. I haven’t had problems with Halcyon or LM. Other divers I’ve spoken to have similar experiences.

I remember walking into the water and feeling a squirt where the p-valve is attached and I wasn’t using it. I just got tired of washing my undergarment

When you get the suit pull the numbers off the valve and send them to SiTech. If it is bad, just change it now. If it good, it is probably good. The complaints I know of were of the known bad ones.

Great. I just ordered a suit with this valve. :(

Should I contact the manufacturer and have them install a Light Monkey instead?

I have been thinking of adding a p-valve to my drysuit and contacted a few online places to gauge recommendations....they all seem to recommend the Light Monkey balanced tinkle valve with quick disconnect.

Given the problems with the si-tech model, if you can have the place you ordered from change the order from si-tech to LM, it may give you peace of mind....

.....But if you do enough reading you will find that someone out there at one point or another had a problem with every particular model, so experience may vary....this is why I have not yet popped a hole in my suit and installed a valve, it just seems like more trouble than it is worth and my dives are single tank (12L) that range from about 35min to 1hr 20min depending on depth, current, and activity level during the dive, I have been able to manage without the valve fairly well up till now...though I did a dive recently with a 15L tank and that stretched the limit of bladder fairly well.

-Z

Back
Top Bottom