Si Tech Inflator Valve Stem/Connector

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ouvea

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi Guys:

I have a new drysuit which has a Si Tech inflator valve. Looking at Si Tech web's site. It's the Si Tech Shell Inflator (Low Push Button) with an International Connector. It looks like there are two types of International Connectors, one with a large internal bore and another with two small internal bores that lead into the valve chamber/orifice. The Apeks inflator of my previous suit used an International Connector with the two small bores. The DUI hose that I have been using locks to the Apeks inflator without any problems and easily. However, it will not lock with the Si Tech inflator valve. It looks like the groove that is machined at the base of the connectors are slightly different in size and location. This would explain why the hose won't properly engage.

Is this a defect in production or is this one of the differences between the two connectors? The inflator hose from my Hollis Wing locks engages correctly. All my other low pressure hoes engage with it but not very securely. The DUI hose that I have does not engage at all.

You can see the different connectors on this PDF by Si Tech. I just can't tell any external differences from the picture, due to the resolution.

http://www.sitech.se/media/40266/valve-manual_2013_web.pdf

Appreciate your input,

Ouvea,

I don't have much to tell you but since you're not getting any responses here I will say that I just tried 5 different inflator hoses on my Si Tech valve. Four connected securely. One would not engage at all, yet it still connected securely to my bc, as did the other hoses. Weird.

boat

Hi boat sju:

Thanks for the reply. Boiled down to a defective stem. Compared it to another Si Tech inflator valve stem that engaged every hose that I have. I don't know if it's the chrome plating process or if the stem was improperly machined. LDS had spare stems for Si Tech inflator. Replaced stem and all works well. Wouldn't be surprised if it's the chrome plating process but who knows.

Ouvea

Back
Top Bottom