Inflator valve leak when disconnected

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LFMarm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all,

I have been doing a ton of drills with my rebreather and noticed something with my dry suit. I disconnected (once by accident and once on purpose) the inflator hose. When I did it at the very beginning of the dive with the dry suit close to empty, i got a small leak from the Schrader valve; when I did it with the dry suit properly equalized on a different dive, there was no leak.

Is this normal (i.e., an open Schrader valve with unbalanced pressure will let water in) or should I look into valve maintenance?

Thanks in advance

Hi all,

I have been doing a ton of drills with my rebreather and noticed something with my dry suit. I disconnected (once by accident and once on purpose) the inflator hose. When I did it at the very beginning of the dive with the dry suit close to empty, i got a small leak from the Schrader valve; when I did it with the dry suit properly equalized on a different dive, there was no leak.

Is this normal (i.e., an open Schrader valve with unbalanced pressure will let water in) or should I look into valve maintenance?

Thanks in advance
It shouldn’t leak.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom