SI Tech Dryglove Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I glue my gloves to the rings with rubber cement. That works great and has been for 4-5 years. The cement is strong but not so strong that I can't pull the gloves off the rings if/when I need to replace the gloves because of a leak.

I have used the SiTech system for some time. Up until recently I had varying degrees of success using different lube systems ranging from spit to a little bit of silicone grease on the rings. I now use a very small quantity of Seal Saver on the inside surface of the ring that is on the suit. I have not had a leak or a glove pop off since I started doing this.

Ya I had one pop off a couple of winters ago. Learned something DON"T LUBE THE O-RINGS. Get the o-rings wet.
I lick mine that seems to work for me.

A little slobber is all I use, too.

Saliva lubes the o-rings just right and leaves no residue to attract grit, which can be a problem on my beach dives.

I give the whole system a quick cleaning after the day of diving and the rings rinse completely clean if saliva was used. They've been very reliable for me. I love 'em.

Dave C

The instruction says that the rings must be lubricated by nothing but paraffin wax. If you use something like silicone, the rings may get apart as soon as they get wet since they are too much lubricating.

Well, good thing I didn't read the instructions. I've been doing it that way I said in the prior post for about 800 dives and it's worked perfectly! But who knows. Maybe they'll pop off on the next dive. :wink:

I lick mine that seems to work for me.

This is what i do as well. Its kinda funny when your buddy sees you licking the rings on your gloves but that seems to work the best. i've had mine for a few years now and havent had any issues with it yet.

I have had awesome luck w/ DUI zip wax. Every time I wax my zipper, I run the little chap stick around my glove o-rings and bingo, that's all I ever need. My dive buddy had chronic leaking with his until he started using zip wax as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom