si-tech / dry suit problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has it always leaked, or just started? You are aware, I assume, that they are adjustable and may leak in the wide open position.

If you can unscrew the mounting plate inside the suit, it is often possible to get one's mouth over the end of the valve, and try blowing through it and sucking on it, and detect if it is leaking. You may also be able to observe the mushroom/check valve then, and see if that's the problem.

A warm water soak followed by dumping a lot of water through the valve can often help, expecially if the problems followed a dive in salt or dirt water.

Thanks for your answer.

Dive around the year with the dry suit (except in vacation in warm countries)
Problem started december 2005. With the dry suit I dive only in fresh water.
I had a look now to the si-tech valve AB lysekill Sweden. I'm not sure there are screws and looks difficult to unmount this valve.

best regards

Diver0001:
All that you know for sure is that water is getting in. You first need to know if it's getting in around the neck or the neck seal, *through* the valve or around the valve.
Above the shoulder it's dry. At the end of the dive I can see water
It's possible that your suit has a pin-hole leak in it somewhere around the shoulder.
clearly a possibility.
or a the seal between two pieces.

Thanks for your answer. I will try

best regards

It might also be possible that the leak is around the valve, and not the valve itself. The solution I have often heard is to unscrew the valve and apply silicone sealant to the valve, tighten and allow to dry. Just have to isolate if its the valve itself or the seal around the valve.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom