SI Tech dry gloves for small hands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello Mike:

Not to hijack this thread, but:

What's the difference between the DRIS drysuit glue and PB300?

2 Different glues, and ours is a lot cheaper :wink: Any further questions, please PM me....

Second TSandM here. The Atlas orange (max dexterity) gloves seem to run a bit small. The size large blue gloves that came with my Si-Tec's were a bit too large, esp in the finger tips. The XL orange Atlas gloves fit me perfectly, with no excess in the fingertips (using the stock yellow liners). And I also cut off most of the cuffs. They work beautifully for me.

I've tried the blue gloves and the orange gloves, both in medium -- there is a difference in finger length.

And that my friends has been my problem, as I have shopped over 15 stores, both retail and commercial in my area. The glove fits, but the finger length
is still too long! I did find (finalllllly) a pair of the Atlas, in my town. And additionally I did find a pair at Seattle Marine & Fishing, so I ordered to pair in blue.
I was able to find mediums over here which fit fine, however the finger length was too long. What's with the world? Am I shrinking?
Don't know how they will fit, but for $7 for two pair I couldn't pass it up. We always need a back up to our back up!! I visited SM&F last year and was amazed
at the selection, and price. I was amazed they said they had the Atlas in a small. Go figure, I guess there is a market for small hands!

---------- Post Merged at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Gloves
I think this is the glove Lynne is recommending??
Atlas Glove, 620 General Duty, Vinyl PVC Gloves w/ Seamless Liner
My partner has teeny tiny hands, and they work for her, but they came from Kathy, so I am not sure what they are.

Seattle Marine is another store. I would recommend buying two set with liners to have on hand.
Atlas Gloves - Chemical Resistant

Yes Peter, so now I will have a pair of both types so I can compare. I bought the orange ones in Spokane, the blue ones are coming in the mail. I figured $7 for 2 pair was worth a gamble. Thanks for your input!! I really value it. After all, it is kinda hard to push the inflator button on my drysuit if I can't feel it!!!

"it is kinda hard to push the inflator button on my drysuit if I can't feel it!!!"

More frustrating than managing the drysuit inflator button with excess dry glove fingertips is trying to clip off a bolt snap. When using the blue gloves, with excess in the finger tips, I was trying to figure out why I couldn't re-clip my SPG on my left hip D-ring. Turns out the excess glove on my finger tip--thumb tip, to be precise--was blocking the opening of the bolt snap after I opened it. For a couple dives it was driving me absolutely nuts. But it did force me to refine my technique during the multiple attempts I made to re-clip the gauge before I finally figured out that the excess dry glove was blocking off the opening.

And that my friends has been my problem, as I have shopped over 15 stores, both retail and commercial in my area. The glove fits, but the finger length
is still too long! I did find (finalllllly) a pair of the Atlas, in my town. And additionally I did find a pair at Seattle Marine & Fishing, so I ordered to pair in blue.
I was able to find mediums over here which fit fine, however the finger length was too long. What's with the world? Am I shrinking?
Don't know how they will fit, but for $7 for two pair I couldn't pass it up. We always need a back up to our back up!! I visited SM&F last year and was amazed
at the selection, and price. I was amazed they said they had the Atlas in a small. Go figure, I guess there is a market for small hands!

---------- Post Merged at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Yes Peter, so now I will have a pair of both types so I can compare. I bought the orange ones in Spokane, the blue ones are coming in the mail. I figured $7 for 2 pair was worth a gamble. Thanks for your input!! I really value it. After all, it is kinda hard to push the inflator button on my drysuit if I can't feel it!!!

Reviving an an old thread I know, I am about to go down the drysuit road and too have very small hands, how did the Atlas Orange small and medium work out for you in the end? Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom