SI-Tech Dry Gloves For DUI CLX450

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smb1014

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am interested in getting a pair of the SI-Tech dry gloves that quickly clamp into an adapter. I have a DUI CLX 450 with standard latex wrist seals. The latex wrist seals have already been trimmed to my wrist size. I want to know if it possible to use the quick clamp system on this set up. It looks like I will need to install that quick clamp rings in the latex seals and then install the rings in the gloves. I would then connect the gloves to the suit. Is this correct? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

smb1014:
I am interested in getting a pair of the SI-Tech dry gloves that quickly clamp into an adapter. I have a DUI CLX 450 with standard latex wrist seals. The latex wrist seals have already been trimmed to my wrist size. I want to know if it possible to use the quick clamp system on this set up. It looks like I will need to install that quick clamp rings in the latex seals and then install the rings in the gloves. I would then connect the gloves to the suit. Is this correct? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the Si-Tech dry gloves for my Bare drysuit with latex seals. It's pretty much like you've already described - there's a wrist ring that goes outside of the seal, and a clamping ring that you place inside the seal to clamp it together. Getting the wrist rings set up the first time can be a pain, but once they're in place they're reasonably secure. The gloves have a similar set-up. Again, getting the clamping seals into place is a bit of a hassle, but not all that hard.

Si Tech has another dryglove ring kit version that's available from Viking dealers, it's a bayonet latch that locks the rings together with about 1.5" of rotation. Very secure & easy to don by yourself, and only "slightly" confusing to install on your suit. :wink:
Here's a PDF from the Viking folks, it'll give you an idea of what they're about.
http://www.trelleborg.com/protective/item.asp?id=517

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom