Show us your Sealife weekend diving pics!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,

I just returned from Cozumel a few days ago where I tried my first attempt at underwater photography. I did one shore dive where I got a few really nice pictures with a DC 1200 Maxx kit. I also took just the camera housing diving one day. The external flashes definitely make a difference. These pictures were with the twin flash units.

Attachments

• PICT0180.jpg
    PICT0180.jpg
    432.4 KB · Views: 110
  • PICT0175.jpg
    PICT0175.jpg
    450.2 KB · Views: 105
  • PICT0177.jpg
    PICT0177.jpg
    442.3 KB · Views: 96
  • PICT0182.jpg
    PICT0182.jpg
    448.3 KB · Views: 105
  • PICT0184.jpg
    PICT0184.jpg
    440.6 KB · Views: 94
Here are some pictures where I just the DC 1200 camera housing. I think I will always use my two flashes from now on.

Attachments

• PICT0060.jpg
    PICT0060.jpg
    421.5 KB · Views: 102
  • PICT0104.jpg
    PICT0104.jpg
    407.1 KB · Views: 93
  • PICT0122.jpg
    PICT0122.jpg
    388.2 KB · Views: 110
  • PICT0141.jpg
    PICT0141.jpg
    375 KB · Views: 93
How did you find handling the shutter button while having two flash strobes on it? It seems like a real pain in the butt to do. I have a hard time getting to the button unless I bend the right strobe all the way over to the left.

streetjudge79,

I am predominantly right handed. As a result, I like carrying my camera with my right hand. I prefer to carry my camera by the right side of housing with my hand closer to the top (near shutter button). This forces me to slightly bend the right arm away from the camera for comfort. By doing that, I am able to position the strobes with my left hand and I am also quickly able to access the shutter button and zoom controls.

there are some really great pictures posted up here. im looking forward to my DC1200 purchase in April. one thing im finding very disturbing tho is the number and varied locations of lionfish in all of these pictures :shakehead:

I see 4 -6 lions on every dive off Miami Beach now. It's pretty bad here. One of the guys I go with has started spearing them. He tried cooking a few and loved them!

there are some really great pictures posted up here. im looking forward to my DC1200 purchase in April. one thing im finding very disturbing tho is the number and varied locations of lionfish in all of these pictures :shakehead:

As I understand it, lionfish in the Atlantic are growing to sizes not seen in the Indo-Pacific because they are not infested with a parasites that inhibit growth. I think I saw that in an article in Alert Diver, but I could be wrong. I do know that when I was in Cayman Brac last week, we were the spotters for the DM's for lionfish. At one dive site, they took as many as 12 in a 50 minute dive. I know that the Bahamas and the Keys have issued spear on site and enjoy dinner directives.

when i was in roatan last summer we saw a few and i was disturbed that the DMs werent spearing them. i hope they are this summer when i go. pretty fishy.... bad fishy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom