Show us your log!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am still new to diving so I am stuck with the training record log. But I also put my dives up on diviac and the god awful LogTREK. I enjoy the logging, it lets me look back and see who, where and what I saw.

Excel

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-06-26-06-27-08.png
    Screenshot_2017-06-26-06-27-08.png
    386.2 KB · Views: 43
Between 1970 and the mid 90's I kept no log, but when I was doing a refresher class at the same time my two children were doing their AOW, the PADI Course Director insisted that I start a log, so that I had some record to show. He and I sat down and tried to recreate a general history of my previous experience, and start a log from that point. I have now tried hard to break old habits, and at least keep some rough notes on each dive.

The only thing I log or ever logged was reserve parachute packing because it's a FAA regulation and I did log "most" of my flying time to show (again) FAA inspectors that I was current to be flying...

Oh, I also carried and used multiple logbooks that we're so full of lies that we called them comic books when driving a big rig.. again to show DOT .

Jim...

I have a paper log with bare necessities, date, location, depth and time UW. Also I use Subsurface to download from my DC and to put any additional data.
I did log "most" of my flying time to show (again) FAA inspectors that I was current to be flying...
I did the same thing and it come to bite me on my sitting part when I had to renew my licence, since I forgot to log my most recent flying, so had to do a refreshment program.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I got a log just like that..

Jim

I have a paper log of all my dives, and I have one in excel where I tabulate things like my bottom time to date, and my surface air equivalent consumption
I also just ordered a new dive computer that will let me log my dives via oceanlog...I'm not sure which method I prefer, but I like having apaper copy to flip through every now and then

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom