Suggestion Should we have a politics subforum?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
H2Andy

H2Andy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
many users (myself included) would like to discuss politics on our favorite board (i.e. ScubaBoard)

management feels, with reason, that politics may be too divisive and cause more grief than it is worth.

let's compromise. i propose the following:

1. a probationary Politics Subforum will be created. At any time management feels the forum is "more trouble than it's worth" it has the right to close it.

2. membership will be a privilege. you will opt in, and if you abuse the privilege, you will lose the ability to post. this way, we will weed out bad posters until only civil discourse remains.

3. TOS will be enforced by Mods as elsewhere on the board, with the exception that politics will be allowed. any personal attack, mean language, or any other violation of the TOS will result in your loss of posting privileges. at management discretion, your loss of posting privileges will be temporary or permanent. i suggest three temporary loss of posting privileges for the first three infractions. on the fourth infraction, you will lose your right to post on the forum.

4. the members themselves must police the forum to keep management's work load to a minimum. the members must stop those who break TOS and must refrain from responding in kind. it's our job to keep the forum open and earn management's trust.

what do you all think?

mrjimboalaska:
No he didn't,
Who didn't what?
mrjimboalaska:
Kim. being CEO, would not accept it
[best Homer voice]
Hmmmmm........power......does it taste like donuts?
[/best Homer voice]

catherine96821:
I have never been in the singles thread for example....who knows what kind of wild things go on in there?.
im with you Catherine!!

so can i also have a cricket forum so we can discuss the Ashes passionately!!

oh i forgot.... i already tried that and it got lonely with just me there.............

almitywife:
im with you Catherine!!

so can i also have a cricket forum so we can discuss the Ashes passionately!!

oh i forgot.... i already tried that and it got lonely with just me there.............

Almity,
You burn your crickets down under? that's an odd thing to do to a insect......

Open PM to Pete and the Advisors:

Dear Pete, Ladies and Gentlemen, Headhunter:

(hehehe... small joke there)

here's a poll and tons of comments on the merits/demerits of having a politics forum on ScubaBoard.

since many of the members want to go in that direction, it seems a good idea to be proactive and create a subforum where all political discussions on the board can be contained. this probably will end up being less work for the Mods anyway.

this could be a probationary period, see how it works.

hey, look how nicely we've managed the religion discussions! maybe we can handle politics just as well.

finally, if we kick people out of the forum who do not play by the rules, we will shortly end up with a very civil forum, as those predisposed to biting people's heads off will get kicked out of the forum.

anyway, food for thought!

regards,

andy

mrjimboalaska:
Almity,
You burn your crickets down under? that's an odd thing to do to a insect......
thats not a nice thing to call the POM's!

would the No people care to say why you care?

It would be self imposed segregation.

You would not have to deal with ANY politics.

Then we could have a place to discuss why the democrats in the last election tied the "close" results up for weeks with lawsuits but the republicans this time bow out gracefuly with much closer results. Wouldn't that be nice if we could talk about things like that?

Wildcard:
Then we could have a place to discuss why the democrats in the last election tied the "close" results up for weeks with lawsuits but the republicans this time bow out gracefuly with much closer results. Wouldn't that be nice if we could talk about things like that?
:popcorn:

oh this was good

Wildcard:

:rofl3:

ok, here's your punishment:

you must find a little Republican baby orphaned at birth ...

and you must raise him...

to be a Democrat!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom