Should I switch to BP/W?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mattboy:
Sure, but this takes the weight off your back where it really belongs and puts it on your belt, taking away from the great trim characteristics of a SS plate. Most people wearing any sort of wetsuit will need a few pounds in pockets or on a belt anyway. The real reason for an alum plate IMO is to use with heavy steel tanks, where there's already alot of weight on your back. Ideally you'd want weight and buoyancy sources to be as close together as possible, right near your lungs; this way small changes in buoyancy affect trim less.

It probably doesn't make much of a difference...but what the hell, if I can't go diving today, might as well spend sometime arguing about diving!
As per Stephen Ash's post (disregard that the tank is actually a stage bottle...it was the handiest tank I had around)

Just placed an order for DSS single rig with hog harness. Figured I'd go with the hog harness coz I might go ahead and need it in the future so might as well get used to it. Thanks for all the help so far but will probably ask for more help rigging the set-up once I get my hands on it. Thanks, y'all.

I switched to a backplate and wing this year and absolutely love it! It's cleaner, more streamlined and more versatile.

Beware...diving in a backplate leads to more equipment purchases...better wings, canister lights, backup lights, bags, 7 foot primary hoses, doubles....I find it very addictive. Now there's no hope for me. ;-)

Dive well!

Harry (doc) Wongwww.docwong.com
Active Life Medical and Chiropractic Center

For our project of sink a US Navy ship in Northern California:

1. Join Northern California Ships2Reef mail-list by using the link:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NorCalShips2Reefs/ or by sending an email to: NorCalShips2Reefs-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

2. Forum created for this at: http://www.divingnortherncalifornia.com

Put Saturday February 4, 2006 10:00AM to 6:00PM on your calandar for the full workshop with handouts, materials for each committee on what's needed from each committee. This workshop will be given by Dick Long and Jay Streath. This will be a "roll up your sleaves and let's get to work meeting"

DocWong:
Beware...diving in a backplate leads to more equipment purchases...better wings, canister lights, backup lights, bags, 7 foot primary hoses, doubles....I find it very addictive. Now there's no hope for me. ;-)
Yup , exactly what he said , also you need to mention doubles inthere too.

Back
Top Bottom