Should I purchase a new mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kawika

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Folks...

I just started my Open Water Diver training course last night. As a quick background...I was born & raised in Hawai'i as a son of a fisherman...so I have 20+ years of snorkeling experience...but zero experience with scuba. Anyhow...I currently own an U.S. Divers/Aqua Lung X-Ray Mask & was wondering if it would be an adequate mask for scuba use or should I consider getting a new one? It seems to be a good mask for snorkeling purposes...but I wasn't sure if it would also be a good fit for scuba as well. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

Kawika

I don't know what an X-Ray mask is, but USD makes good masks. If it has a nose pocket it should be okay. I would suggest asking your instructor, that's what they're there for.

MD

There's a link to the US Divers/Aqua Lung website & the mask in question in my post above. I do plan on bringing my mask with me to our next class to get his input on the subject...but I just wanted to do some research of my own as well as opposed to just relying on a single person's opinion.

Thanks...

Kawika

Kawika,

Your mask from the picture looks like it should be fine, Looks just like my Seadive and it has been used for three years now. Enjoy and have fun.

chuckrt

The main thing I think may pose a problem is that I don't believe you have direct access to your nose to pinch it when equalizing. That's never really been a concern in the past when snorkeling... :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom