Shots from Central FL trip on 2-18 thru 2-20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its easier for me to navigate through my own site than here and photobucket has size restrictions and horrible compression artifacts on imaging.

Matt, I can see them all. Great shots! Where to start .... the manatee is my personal fave. The shots of the openings are eerie/cool. That sucker is one funky fish - prehistoric like. Is that fossil viewing underwater ? Thanks for sharing !!

calypsonick:
Is that fossil viewing underwater ? Thanks for sharing !!

Yep, UW in a cavern called Paradise Springs located in Ocala, FL. Depths to 140', we went to 97' and spent most of our time at 50' and shallower for an 87 min dive. :D The walls really take alot of time to study!

alcina:
:( I can't see them here...

can you paste in the code...there's a trick that I can't remember but I'll know it when I see it

Not sure of the trick you're talking about, but if you figure it out, lemme know :)

Still can't access your website, don't know why :( ?
FYI, photbucket's maximum image size is 512KB, I have hosted hundreds of pics there without compression or any artifacts..

Anyway let us know when your website is up again, would love to see your pics :).
My browser gives me a server not found message...

EDIT - I see your pics now :).
Great pics subrbugman :)... What are your thoughts on the E500??

Jamdiver:
Anyway let us know when your website is up again, would love to see your pics :).
My browser gives me a server not found message...

EDIT - I see your pics now :).
Great pics subrbugman :)... What are your thoughts on the E500??

My website was never down, thats the thing. Some ISPs just don't update permissions fast enough for my website to be viewed at all times. Not a problem for most ISPs, some are just slower than others.

E500 is a great camera, best bang for buck as far as budget dSLRs go as well IMO. I like the colors and tonality over Nikons and especially over Canons. Its just about as sharp with the kit lenses as the Canon 350D with kit lense, noticably sharper than the D50 with its kit lense. Its not as small and flimsy feeling as the 350D, feels similar to the Nikon D50. Takes CF and xD cards, nice to have a backup on board I've learned with my C5060 which also carries two cards. The Olympus kit lenses are far better than the Canon and Nikon budget kit lense bundles and the Olympus 40-150 is a fantastic lense even without it being a kit lense. Dust buster is great. 2x crop factor is great for telephoto users. There aren't as many lenses available for it compared to Nikon and Canon, but they have enough to keep your wallet busy and chances are they will have what you need - you can't go wrong with any of the lenses(Sigma offers 8 3rd party lenses now and Leica just released a lense with OIS that will fit). The E500 doesn't handle noise very well, out of camera shots start looking iffy at ISO800, but even at ISO1600 a run through neat image or some other noise reduction program will clean em up to acceptable levels. E300 is pretty much the same camera with a better build, I would look into it as well to save even more money - the E500 is supposed to have improved WB and metering though. Another to look at is the 5mp E1, which has a magnesium, weathersealed body - at superlow prices right now - I think its about to be replaced by an updated Oly pro-body.

photohikedive:
Now I am jealous. Fossils? That I would like to see! Where were you diving for that?

Paradise Springs in Ocala, FL.

Had a great time, glad you enjoyed :D

put this in your hosts file:
65.98.99.34 www.suprbugman.com

(just this one line, it's 1 space or tab between the IP and the name (just the text not URL)) and you will see the pictures...

your hosts file (on windows) is in:
c:\windows\system32\etc\drivers\hosts

you can paste this in Start-Run combo:
C:\WINDOWS\NOTEPAD.EXE "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts"

and than add this line at the end of the file...

don't forget to save the update and click reload after it...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom