Shots from Central FL trip on 2-18 thru 2-20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Dove Ginnie Springs on 2-18.

We arrived mid-day to several people in the water at the main spring. Didn't get any shots off with any real photographic merit - lots of fun snaps though. Our second dive was at the Devil's System(Little, Eye, and Ear).

Darcy100DE_4_2_18_6.jpg

Darcy's 100th dive.

Water levels were high, so we got a nice light show while near Devil's Ear(located inside the Sante Fe at the mouth of the Devil's run).

EaronFire2_18_6.jpg

Excuse the noise, there wasn't exactly alot of light. Figured I'd play around at ISO400 this weekend to see what kind of results I could pull off with this little PnS. I think next time, I'll limit myself to ISO200 max...

Above two pics with Olympus C5060 in PT020 housing.

Ginnie puts a silt screen over the mouth of the spring run to keep the tannic water from intruding to Devil's Eye and Little Devil Springs.

SantaFe.jpg

Above shot with Oly E500

Did a third dive at Ginnie that night, nobody else was in the water, and the bottom had settled giving us visibility limited only by our lights.

More to come...

2-19 we snorkeled Crystal River with the Manatees then dove Alexander Springs.

First a manatee shot

DarcyManatee2_19_6.jpg

Below is a shot across Alexander's vent

AlexanderSpring2_19_6.jpg

Escaping Slider turtles

AlexTurtles2_19_6.jpg

Trippy looking fungus growing on rocks near one of the vents.

AlexFungi2_19_6.jpg

Big ole suckerfish :)

AlexPleco_2_2_19_6.jpg

All the above shot with Oly C5060 in PT020

Dove Paradise Springs on 2-20

Paradise is a 20' blue hole sunk in a small wooded area behind someone's house. The little hole opens up into a big cavern with fossils all over the walls.

Darcy in the cavern light.

ParadiseDarcy_2_2_20_6.jpg

Looking up at the opening.

Paradise_2_2_19_6.jpg

Fossils from some vertebrate protruding from the wall.

ParadiseFossils2_20_6.jpg

The above were taken with the C5060 in PT020 Housing.

ParadiseObservation.jpg

Paradise Spring viewed from an observation deck opposite of the entry platform. Pretty little blue hole, no? Shot with E500

Get someone else to open the page, because here they are just the annoying little blue question marks.

photohikedive:
might have to do it over, that or my computer is having issues. the photos won't load

photohikedive:
still didn't come through.

photohikedive:
Get someone else to open the page, because here they are just the annoying little blue question marks.

Several other people have problem viewing my website and files hotlinked from it. On occasion, I have problems as well. I have talked to my server provider about this and this is his response.

"I've seen this problem occassionally with some ISP's domain name service not getting the updates... In fact, I had the same problem with my own ISP, their DNS was not configured properly to receive the updates, and I couldn't even access the site, but everyone else said it was fine...

Anyways, to get your default gateway, got to Start -> Run (or hit Windows key and R) then type in "cmd"... in the dos box, type in "ipconfig" and it will give you the gateway information that you are using... You can use that when you set up your network settings...

...Have them try these DNS IP's... make sure they reboot (or refresh their ip's with ipconfig /renew)

65.98.99.35"

PITA, I know, but the server I'm using is reliable as far as not bogging down or failing completely, so I'd rather not host elsewhere.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Back
Top Bottom