Shortest Shutter Lag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DrSteve:
My Oly 5050 gives a flash for focus and then boom does the real thing. That's fine, but the pre-focus flash shows up as a great pic on the LCD and then I moved the camera blurring the actual shot! As someone told me once - shoot until your shutter finger bleeds, and then shoot some more.

Huh, a slight correction here. The preflash that you get is for TTL function ie for the camera to measure the light level so the camera can adjust the flash for proper exposure. There is no photo taken during preflash and you should not see anything on LCD. If I remember correctly (sorry, sold my C5050 quite awhile ago) C5050 has a focus assisting light that is useless underwater as it is blocked by the housing.

And yes, if you move your camera after the preflash, you will definitely get a blurry picture.

ssra30:
There is no photo taken during preflash and you should not see anything on LCD. If I remember correctly (sorry, sold my C5050 quite awhile ago) C5050 has a focus assisting light that is useless underwater as it is blocked by the housing.

No, no photo taken, but that pre-flash is enough to provide a very crisp image on the LCD which at first glance looks *exactly* like the actual photo. Then of course the fish moves as it was spooked by the pre-flash and you get a crappy picture.

DrSteve:
No, no photo taken, but that pre-flash is enough to provide a very crisp image on the LCD which at first glance looks *exactly* like the actual photo. Then of course the fish moves as it was spooked by the pre-flash and you get a crappy picture.
Opps, sorry, misread your post. Also I kept thinking in dSLR mode where you only see picture on LCD monitor after it is taken.

Back
Top Bottom