SHORTEST fIN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am surprised nobody mentioned flip fins :)
No idea if they are good, never used them, but they sound like the answer you are looking for.
Flipfins® - Patented, award winning, high-performance scuba fins, swim fins, rescue fins, military fins, Special Forces fins, dive fins and fins for float tube and pontoon fly fishing. The world's only fins that provide total mobility in and out of t
prod_classic_yellow_big.jpg

Appropriate drysuit footwear can be dive site dependent.
There are a number of shore dive sites here in California featuring rocky terrain where hard-soled boots are very helpful.

If I lived in Florida and did most of my diving from boats at sites featuring significant currents, I'd be making different gear choices.
FWIW, I've never fallen off of a boat ladder, but I can certainly imagine how it could happen...to anyone...given the right conditions.

I just purchased very large wetsuit booties to fit over the drysuit socks....certainly it would be better if DUI would learn to make the socks of the drysuit fairly close to the size of your foot with your typical insulation--mine came with so much oversize you'd need several pairs of very thick socks to actually fill them up....In any event, the wet suit booties fit much better into "performance oriented" footpockets.
If my buddies and I showed up on your boat, we would be able to swim to the ladder without the line because we have real fins , and then on grabbing the ladder, hand up the fins or carry them. In over 30 years of diving I have NEVER fallen off a ladder, and don't see that as a possibility....I see it as more of a "Darwininian selection" suggestion, for who should NOT be diving :)

p.s.
Please don't take this as a personal dig....My position on this is a South Florida view versus the dive industry view--- I don't fault YOU.....I just think we could demonstrate how wrong the industry is on this, and I am pretty sure you will agree that the industry has NEVER had the individual diver's best function as a concern..it has always been mass sales for the industry.

No sweat I'm not taking it personally and in fact on the second dive last week I took one fin off on the drift line and the other while holding the ladder. But... it was an exceptionally calm day, on the days when it is rough and the ladder is slamming up and down I would not attempt to hold the ladder to remove my fins. Just get your feet on and ride it is more the mode. When I dive in florida or other warm waters if the boat has a fins on ladder I use it. If not I take them off on the line.

Last edited:
[video=youtube;Wi8ekQ1dKec]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi8ekQ1dKec&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Just parroting what you say.

Who cares how gear looks and feels for the first and last couple of minutes of wearing it
when if you walk around with a flip top head just for brushing your teeth a big bird may
sh!t in ones mouth.

I'm going to give free diving fins a serious nudge when I get back to my playground soon.
:confused: :wink:

Now you've got me so I can't decipher myself either.

Hey vladimir, what does crossed crooks over a scarab mean :idk: halemanos sig

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom