Shortening a LP inflator hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Give us a hint, happy.
You have a hydraulic crimper, too?

Nah Mr Rob they're manufactured from a manufacturer I can't have everything that I want but I'll work on it

025.JPG

I'm just watching a humongous container ship driving past, but I can only see the containers and the bridge

Need a better camera and scope first

What would the logical reason be to do Do It Yourself?
Because I make hoses and have access to crimper and stuff.
Because I am cheaper than a dutchman. Why throw away a perfectly good hose.. not a tree hugger by any means, but the amount of good stuff that they throw away is incredible.

Custom length or teed in order to reduce snag hazards / points of failure or for R&D to see if something works better than the present cutting edge or because some just like to tinker?

Correct...

Am I missing something? Doesn't this cost more than a new hose?

I can see having it in a SAD kit.. maybe? In my experience the crimps either leak when new or they don't.

Does anyone know if a new hose is leaking and you recrimp would it seal? I have like 5 or 6 brand new hoses that leaked right out of the box. Not sure what yo do with them but I hate throwing away good stuff.
but if they leak are they really "good stuff"?

but if they leak are they really "good stuff"?
Depends.. if they didn't leak they would be good? If you could get them to stop leaking they would be good again? I think the supplier had a few issues. They sent me new hoses without question.

Maybe the hoses were scored inserting the fitting, I would give the crimps a resqueeze

There's only workshop compressor pressure going through those scuba things anyway

For land duty I've used hose, ear clamps, even oetiker clamps, covered with heat shrink

020.JPG

or not for my tyre pumperumperer with the also bc inflator hose adaptor

There's nothing to crimping low pressure, clampers are cheap you just have to find the thingos

But what's far more betterer is the strip of rubber I bolted between the tailgate and the bed to keep out the dust

For land duty I've used hose, ear clamps, even oetiker clamps, covered with heat shrink
I've used those to replace steam cleaner lines to great success. I like them better than worm drive clamps. Heat shrink with the additional glue inside/marine grade is good stuff on light duty air lines as well.

I got a hydraulic crimper. Make rubber lines hundreds of times stronger than scuba stuff, all the time. It ain't rocket science. Can't your shops custom cut hose and crimp, while you wait?

The only hard part is selecting the right crimp end for the hose. But in scuba, that's all standardized. No worries.

I used a barb just to test hose length. This industry is ignorant of different sized or shaped divers. Once I found a length I liked, I bought a new hose.

I think an Omniswivel on my necklace reg, would have helped. One if these days I'll try one.

Back
Top Bottom