Short Plate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

c-monkey

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
:confused: Any other "vertically challenged" women (or men) out there? I'm 5'4" and trying to decide if I need a small plate or if the regular size (medium) will work for me...?

c-monkey:
:confused: Any other "vertically challenged" women (or men) out there? I'm 5'4" and trying to decide if I need a small plate or if the regular size (medium) will work for me...?

My wife is 5'0" and uses a regular H plate comfortably. I have never understood the perceived need some have for a smaller, non-standard plate.

I suppose it would depend on if you have a short or long torso. I agree with the above post, talk to Tobin, he's the man!

I figure the short plate, if you have a shorter torso or the regular if your torso is longer. Measure your leg/torso difference. I recommend DSS. I just purchased the long patter SS BP. Love it!

Michael

RTodd:
My wife is 5'0" and uses a regular H plate comfortably. I have never understood the perceived need some have for a smaller, non-standard plate.

Really? I figured the whole reason DSS, FredT and Oxycheq all make a smaller plate was for short people like me. I just happen to be on the edge of the height recommendations for a standard size, plus I tried the regular H plate and it felt a little long (below the arch of my back?) so thought I would solicit some feedback from others on the board before I handed over my hard earned cash... thanks!

c-monkey:
Really? I figured the whole reason DSS, FredT and Oxycheq all make a smaller plate was for short people like me. I just happen to be on the edge of the height recommendations for a standard size, plus I tried the regular H plate and it felt a little long (below the arch of my back?) so thought I would solicit some feedback from others on the board before I handed over my hard earned cash... thanks!

marketing

RTodd:

Does you wife dive single tanks or doubles?

Tobin

My gf (5'4") dives the med DSS plate. No problems for her, but I'd say she's right at the edge of where a shorter plate might be needed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom