Shore diving Memorial Day Week!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have never heard of Yellow Brick Road but from the little bit I saw on here it looks like a nice site. Do all of you mind if my wife and I tag along? It will be our first shore dive in this area. We will have a dive flag.

It would be our pleasure. I will leave it to Jenny to give directions as I dont know where the entry is located.

Sounds great! It looks like I am about 25 minutes or so from the area. It looks like right now the time is still up in the air. Whatever you two decide is fine by me. We are early risers so anytime works for us. I can pm either one of you my phone number in case there are any issues if you want just let me know. Thanks.........Chris

LOL.. I prefer early too.. Winds usually haven't picked up yet. I plan on being there a little early as I am an early riser.

Directions. From the North take 95 South to Sheridan Street. East on Sheridan street till you can go no further. That is A1A. Hang a right (South) and go about 1 mile to Michigan Street. It is one block past Johnson street. Go Left, then into the parking lot. NOT the garage!!! Try to park as far south and east as possible. I drive a little red Pontiac Sunfire with a roof rack. Will PM my cell.

I will be there by 9:30am. Probably a little earlier since I am not familiar with the area. I will be driivng a white Chevy Trailbazer.

Sorry I haven't posted. 6 dives in so far. Today there is a fair amount of surge, and the wind has been up. We are debating heading out for a night dive.

We have seen a lot. Pics to come in a few days. The one thing I haven't seen which we saw a lot of last month are Lionfish. Props to those are there killing them. I have had my Lion Tamer in tow but haven't had to use it.

Good to hear about the lion fish. I did a couple dives there in the past few weeks and only saw one small one. Was at a weird angle and missed 'em. drat.

really glad I am boat diving today. The wind is pretty strong here in Pompano and does not look dive-able from shore.

Have a good dive. I ran a 5k so am officially on recovery time now. :)

Below are a few pics from the trip. We saw a bit of everything, but thankfully we didn't see any Lionfish.:cool:

IMG_0149Large.jpg

IMG_0215Large-1.jpg

IMG_0147Large-1.jpg

IMG_0104Large-1.jpg

IMG_0080Large-1.jpg

IMG_0278Large-1.jpg

IMG_0276Large-1.jpg

IMG_0303Large.jpg

IMG_0302Large-1.jpg

Nice pics! Looks like a nice dive. Vis looks decent too...and you really captured the essence of diving LBTS.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom