Shore Diving August 9th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hetland, we'll let you and your crew join us for the cookout as well. Wouldn't want to leave any of the MEN IN BLACK brotherhood out. Your services may be required :D

Any one wanting to attend the cookout Saturday night in Pensacola is welcome!!!!!!!!!!!

.........You don't have to be diving that day to join in on the social. We'll just have potluck or bring something to throw on the grill and BYOB :) Just pm cmufieldhockey8 for directions. We'll set a time a little closer but it will be in the evening.

FinePrint:
There are some restrictions that apply. You must be sane.......Well lets just say You must not be a homicidal maniac please. The Men in Black can only do so much. You must be fun. And you must be willing to grovel if necessary. :D

i am not groveling i just dont like being tasered been hit by many electric fences and my brother hit me with a cattle prod once when we were younger i would just take the easy way out the person that came up with no pain no gain obviously hasn't been tasered

Hey I like that. Capt Xray. He must be the leader of the MEN IN BLACK :)

I'm interested in the wreck they show just east of it, I'm surprised Mat hasn't searched for it. I'll be in town all next week, maybe I'll hunt for it myself.

I haven't gotten out into the water to look for this, but I've asked about it through several people and nobody says they know exactly where it is. Its possible they are keeping the site to themselves(who'd do that?!?), but I dunno. Easiest way to find it, assuming there is visible releif, would be to get towed underwater by a boat along the sandbars.

The Catherine and Sport are two beachable wrecks off the beaches of Ft Pickens, neither are viable options right now since the roads knocked out. The Catherine is likely covered anyway.

East you have Navarre Beach Pier.

West there is the Alabama Point Jetties/Seawall/ect. Gulf State Pier is being worked on(the new one next to the old one, lots of construction equipment). Whiskey is still divable, West Beach Paddlewheeler is covered, Pauls Shrimpboat is also covered.

Alot of our divesites are covered or unavailable at the moment.

I haven't gotten out into the water to look for this, but I've asked about it through several people and nobody says they know exactly where it is. Its possible they are keeping the site to themselves(who'd do that?!?), but I dunno. Easiest way to find it, assuming there is visible releif, would be to get towed underwater by a boat along the sandbars.

Or use a scooter. The depths are a clue, plus or minus a few feet due to shifting sands. If the map is accurate (at least it doesn't use power poles as reference marks) then running back and forth lines parallel to shore in that area should locate it, but if the rubble is covered then so likely is this wreck. Assuming it hasn't been disintegrated by storms.

Shifting sands can mean a 10+' difference in depth if the Whiskey is any indication. What I heard about the wreck was that only a boiler and some ballast stones were visible? Obviously that can vary with shifting sands.

Given that sands seem to be high right now I'd guess the 15' depth in the guide would be on the high end.

I won't have a scooter or a boat for it next week but maybe I'll do a sand dive or two and hope I get lucky. Probably Wed/Thu/Fri. I heard you got some things going on right now but if you can make it out one day, lunch is on me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom