Shore Dive Saturday the 3rd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaguy62

Son of Yemaya
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Pompano Beach (SE 12th St).

Those who have dived this site like the short surface swim to the reef, and the variety of criters found here. Bring your camera; it's a macro paradise.

Hopefully the vis will have cleared up and we'll have at least 25' vis.

Bring quarters for the meters (I've yet to see enforcement there and I've dived this site about 35 times; there are only 4 meters though), or if not, there's free parking nearby.

If the current is not strong, or is heading south (it's normally a north current), we might just get a glimpse of the north side of the reef, which is far nicer than the south side.

I'm thinking an early dive, but I think my wife and others will think otherwise.

Anyone in?????

I'll give it a strong maybe... Let's see how the week goes...

Al

Sounds good to me...pick a time.

Scubaguy62:
Anyone in?????
My 2 buddies and I would like to join in the fun. How far is Pompano from Deerfield Beach? What time and how many dives are you planning on doing? As we need to rent tanks.

If anyone is interested in diving Thursday afternoon for a couple of dives, please let me know. My two buddies may not want to dive as we are all on red-eye flights Wed. I still would like to dive as much as possible.

Hope to meet some conchers next week.

Phil

Scubaguy62:
Deerfield is just north of Pompano. Check out this thread and also make sure you check out the update.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?p=1237046#post1237046post1237046

I'll be posting the time later, but as of now, I'm thinking a 10a show for a 10:30 dive.

A 10AM show? That means I can sleep in a little. I wouldn't have to hit the road until 7:30...

How easy is it to find a parking space? How full does that free parking get?

BTW.. Did you ever go to IDC?

Al

Scuba_Dad:
A 10AM show? That means I can sleep in a little. I wouldn't have to hit the road until 7:30...

How easy is it to find a parking space? How full does that free parking get?

BTW.. Did you ever go to IDC?

Al

Yes sir, my friend...guess you can sleep in a bit...

The meters are usually gone by 8:30, but there's always a chance there may be one or more available.

My suggestion is that we all meet at the meters, set up and get into our wetsuits, and before going in the water, go and park, if there are not enough meters. The parking is off 13th street, which is south of 12th. Make a left at A1A, then a right at the next light, and go to the end of the street. The parkings are all along the south and west side of the street, and are marked by white lines.

Haven't done IDC yet. Bob Soto's lost their entire operation to Hurricane Ivan and they did not schedule any IDC's in 2005. Hopefully I'll be able to do it in '06 if I don't talk my wife into letting me pay for it at Pro-Dive.

joeamit:
Rick,
Does this beach have public facilities? In case I bring the family along.

Techincally no, but the building to the north is a hotel/time share, and if you ask at the bar they'll tell you where the restrooms are. Otherwise, there is a shower at the beach to rinse off after the dive.

Scubaguy62:
Techincally no, but the building to the north is a hotel/time share, and if you ask at the bar they'll tell you where the restrooms are. Otherwise, there is a shower at the beach to rinse off after the dive.
Thanks,
We'll be there weather permitting.
Jenny, bring your daughter, my wife and kids will look forward to playing with her
while we are diving.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom