Shore dive around Pompano 6th Street?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Over the years that I've been beach diving off Broward's coast, I'm reminded that we often select beach diving sites more for the ease/cost of parking than for any other reason!

I've dived Pompano 8th Street several times but it's been a few years. Looking forward to diving it again, and soon.

I've done 8th and 12th. Like what others have mentioned, pick a place to park and go from there. Parking is very limited though. The buoys are very nice, but I've had very nice dives just going out to the first reef. Very pretty. When you want to scope it out? :)

Over the years that I've been beach diving off Broward's coast, I'm reminded that we often select beach diving sites more for the ease/cost of parking than for any other reason!

I've dived Pompano 8th Street several times but it's been a few years. Looking forward to diving it again, and soon.

Let's the three of us get a date on the calendar!

Jenn - It's my marine biologist friends Keith and Lorrie visiting from Chicago again. They time their visits around BHB tides but I want to give them other options, too.

You know that last Wed/Thurs in July is mini season. Parking spaces are gonna be more rare than a 4lb lobster! :rofl3:

You know that last Wed/Thurs in July is mini season. Parking spaces are gonna be more rare than a 4lb lobster! :rofl3:

True. But they are arriving on the 26th. They may not find any lobsters to photograph but if they're lucky they'll find some dropped gear.

It's a good day to dive. :wink:

At the risk of being redundant, I have dove Pompano a handful of times, different street every time. 9th street entry was a little more interesting than closer to the pier but enjoyed myself on all occasions. Here's some pics from last sunday; just north of the pier. Only went to the first reef.

editedPICT0075.034.jpgeditedPICT0075.017.jpgeditedPICT0075.013.jpgeditedPICT0075.007.jpg

Attachments

• editedPICT0075.008.jpg
    editedPICT0075.008.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 91
Done this dive in pompano probably 50 times from different streets in pompano...I just go from atlantic ave and turn south. Pick a street, the diving is all similar from any of those streets. It's a much nicer ledge and dive site than LBTS in my opinion..also a lot better for lobstering and spearing..or just looking. It is a much longer swim though, you have to swim out to the white buoys, about a 30 min surface swim. We swim out on the surface and then swim back under water.

While in Pompano I noticed that some beach entrances have signs "no diving", some "diving permitted with a flag" and some: no sign. How to determine were diving areas starts/ends? What will happen if I exit in no dive zone? Will beach patrol beat me up? Are any diving north of pier (between pier and Hillsboro inlet)?

starting at 2nd street to south 8th street even though the signs read no diving , nobody boths U except by th pier .U have to go south or north of the pier . I been diving pompano for 5 years no have body bothers U .They will if u don't have a dive flag .Exit on a No dive area is ok , it's the entrance the life guards can both u .
But 98% of the time there is no problem , the trick stay away from the life guard station and walk straight into the water .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom