Shipwreck Hunters, Disney+

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

azstinger11

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
One episode in, seems pretty good. Looks like it’s also called Shipwreck Hunters Australia.

I mean I’ll keep watching since one of the guys is using a rEvo lol.

At least for the US, it’s on Disney+.

It has some of the standard tv show silliness but worse TV out there for sure and it’s diving focused.

I will have to check it out on my flight tomorrow. Looks cool. I head to Sudan with Justin in January to film the follow up on the Nile stuff. Just got the final "go" yesterday. I am super excited about it!

So I finished the series up. Overall i'd still recommend it. Its an interesting mix of diving (CCR, OC w/ and w/o comms, freediving) and since they appear to partnered with a museum they are interesting dives related to western Australia marine archeology. That being said the show can certainly become a bit hokey and over produced at times. The segments where they visit land are pretty bad at this honestly, "well maybe this shipwreck survivor ate of this rock!!!".... yeah no one cares.

I'd put this show closer on the spectrum to deep see detectives than mysteries of the deep, as again the team is doing actual diving and not just re-telling other people's stories. I'll be curious to see if there is a 2nd season how that goes, how many years in the making was this first series and all the research that went into for these initial episodes?

TLDR Decent time killer show that features a lot of diving and marine archeology, with some forced made for TV nonsense.

Oh boy! Yet another vanity program where a bunch of old fat dudes with money and a boat film themselves with GoPro's wandering around (and doing "talking head" shots that would make Shatner cringe) looking for something they'll probably never find. We get to have side scan sonar, lidar, ground penetrating radar, and metal detectors explained to us again; and again; and again...

I am bored to death by what the Media has become; especially over the past two or three years. Cable Tv costs big bucks and the content is absolute sheeple fodder.

The upside is that it makes me want to turn off the TV, go into the shop, and build something. :cool:

Oh boy! Yet another vanity program where a bunch of old fat dudes with money and a boat film themselves with GoPro's wandering around (and doing "talking head" shots that would make Shatner cringe) looking for something they'll probably never find. We get to have side scan sonar, lidar, ground penetrating radar, and metal detectors explained to us again; and again; and again...

I am bored to death by what the Media has become; especially over the past two or three years. Cable Tv costs big bucks and the content is absolute sheeple fodder.

The upside is that it makes me want to turn off the TV, go into the shop, and build something. :cool:
Old: ❌

Fat: ❌

Rich: Don't know, but based off of the captain's house doesn't seem like it

Explaining Stuff divers know about but the general populace doesn't: ✅

Talking heads: ✅

Not finding stuff: ❌

Care to complain more about something you clearly didn't even bother to look at?

I'm not saying it's great TV but it's at least mildly interesting dive-related programming.

Thanks for recommending this! I just finished the whole series last night. Yeah, some talking parts were cheesy, but there's a lot of diving, rebreathers, free diving, nitrogen narcosis, etc. Some of the hosts are former commercial divers and the all run this production company: https://www.terraaustralis.tv/

Back
Top Bottom