Shiny New Dive Master

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BeaRacuda

New
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello everyone,
Needless to say I'm new to the board. I recently received my PADI divemaster certification in Bonaire. Complete with an internship at Buddy Dive Resort. An absolutely amazing fulfilling experience, especially for someone accustom to diving in rock quarries in Ohio and Indiana.
As of yesterday I am now a staff member at Cincinnati Dive Shop. It has been an enriching ride to this point in my "dive instructor" endeavor.
I have been diving for about 8 yrs, acquiring over 120 dives in that time. About a fourth are from my trips to Bonaire. It wasn't until after I received my rescue certification, feeling much more comfortable in my diving ability, did I start to consider becoming an instructor. With divemaster complete, I hope to take my IDC/IE in Florida this February.
Until now I have been focusing on acquiring the specialties necessary for divemaster. I have a rough idea of the specialties for personal enjoyment that I would like to start working toward once I finish my IE. Yes, eventually I would like to get my MSDT maybe even MI certification. However, after a year of study I would like to just do something just for fun. I'm considering intro to cave after a cavern course, because I really enjoy the cenotes in the Yucatan. Wreck diving is also pretty high on my "wish" list.
The study material for my IDC is in the mail. However, I still haven't decided on a shop for the course. I have narrowed it to three: Ocean Divers in Key largo, Florida Diving Station in Orlando, and Ease in Vero Beach. If anyone has any feedback on any of these shops I would greatly appreciate info.

To the forging of friendships (raised beer mug),
Racheal "BeaRacuda"

Welcome to SB.

I believe they even have forum for Dive Masters only. You might want to check it out.

Ph

Thank you Paradise Hunter. Yes, they do have a special forum for DM's. I have applied. Unfortunately, as of today I am still awaiting my cert # so my application for enjoying have yet to be processed.
This also makes working as a true DM for my local dive shop a little complicated for insurance reasons. :) I've been dubbed the "sherpa" until my cert# arrives.

Back
Top Bottom