Sherwood Wisdom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Could you please elaborate a little ? :wink:

I dove with one for about a year. Not a bad computer. It's very liberal and easy to read. I did have an issue with it when the read out started blinking out on me. I sent it in to Sherwood and got it replaced immediately. Apparently they had been having similar problems and were just replacing them no questions asked.

I have the quick disconnect wisdom. Love it. I have had it 2 1/2 yrs and never had any problems with it. I have over 250 dives on it. I do get the battery changed when I get my gear serviced whether it needs it or not. Easy to read and very easy to use.

Melissa

I have used one the last 5 years or so. More correclty I have used 4 of them over the last 5 years or so as I have had three of them die. One lost SPG computer function during a dive (but continued to display tank pressure), another lost the function of one of the buttons and the third developed a constant 300 psi spg error.

All were replaced in the shop with no questions asked even though they were pretty heavily used (100-150 dives per year) and in one case was very close to the end of the 2 year warranty. The nice thing is that each new computer came with a new 2 year warranty.

They do seem to have gotten more reliable over time and Sherwood states the failure rate overall is about 1.5%.

Thanks for the feedback, I dive with one and do love the simplisity of it,and the easy to read BIG numbers.
I just have'nt seen anybody saying anything good or bad about it.

We have the Sherwood Wisdom mouth pieces on our regulators and like them fine. :)

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom