Sherwood Wisdom SPG calibration?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Onewolf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a Sherwood Wisdom that consistently reads 205-215 PSI lower then any other SPG/computer (my wife's Wisdom, my Uwatec, my Ocean VT3) I have connected to the same tank. This weekend I did a test in my swimming pool to see what it felt like when your tank runs out and I noticed that I had enough air to breath for 10 minutes after the Wisdom had reached 0000 PSI. :idk:

I was wondering if the pressure gauge on the Wisdom can be fixed/calibrated by the Sherwood factory service? My LDS said there's nothing they could do about it.

If your proof of purchase is within 2 years from an authorized dealer we could have you take it into any authorized dealer for inspection/testing. If the LDS confirms the error we could take a look at it for you. There really is no repair/recalibration. If it is out of warranty, many of our dealers can assist with a discount on an upgrade for you.

I am not the original poster. But after reading the above I want to make sure I understand your response as I am in a similar position. If your Wisdom is out of the two year warranty and malfunctions you are out of luck?

I ask because my Wisdom I just went blank the other day during a dive and it is still blank.

Dive computers (like most electronic devices) are much less expensive to replace than to repair so many dealers will offer an "upgrade" or discount on a new computer if an old out of warranty computer is sent in. Just last month Sherwood ran an upgrade where any dive computer working or not could be sent in for a huge discount on our Wisdom computer. Can an out of warranty computer be repaired? No, but this does not mean you are "out of luck" as we are doing our best to work with divers to get them into a working computer at a reasonable price. If repair costs were reasonable, we would present that option but unfortunately it is more cost effective to replace.

. If your Wisdom is out of the two year warranty and malfunctions you are out of luck?

Well, like anything, when the warranty runs out so does your coverage......Computers, Cars, Stereos, Appliances. This is nothing new....BUT, if you want, you can send us your old one, and for $400 we will send you a brand new Wisdom 2 with quick disconnect and compass :wink: You will not be out of luck although you are out of warranty. Better than the almost $800 price tag to buy a new one.....

OK, I wasn't sure if there was such a thing a repairing an old computer. Sort of like a normal pc, easier to replace than repair.

Well, like anything, when the warranty runs out so does your coverage......Computers, Cars, Stereos, Appliances. This is nothing new....BUT, if you want, you can send us your old one, and for $400 we will send you a brand new Wisdom 2 with quick disconnect and compass :wink: You will not be out of luck although you are out of warranty. Better than the almost $800 price tag to buy a new one.....

Well.......twist my arm why don't you:D I went to your website but couldn't find the trade in deal. Should I just call?

I really appreciate this as I can rationalize this purchase into my budget.

Well.......twist my arm why don't you:D I went to your website but couldn't find the trade in deal. Should I just call?

I really appreciate this as I can rationalize this purchase into my budget.

Just give me a call tomorrow and we will get it all setup :wink: I do need the old computer, so feel free to start boxing it up

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom