Sherwood WHIZDUMB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rcain1

Contributor
Reaction score
I got a Sherwood Wisdom computer a couple months ago and already had to return it because the Altitude setting was at LEV2 when I got it. After a few shallow dives it went to LEV3. I returned it and the new one has been doing ok after 10 dives. I did have one weird thing happen though. I was messing with it the night before a dive and had set it to NITROX 32%. I was just getting familiar with the unit and am trying to learn everything about it so I can be totally proficient with it. Well, after I got off the pot (better than the newspaper) I did not change it back to AIR, the gas I was going to be using the next day. Anyway, after I started the dive I noticed my mistake! Upon surfacing I changed it to GAUGE mode which I know I should have changed the PO2 to 21% in NITROX mode. Now to the problem, sorry, I had to do a surface for 10 minutes so it would get off the WET mode, changed it to GAUGE mode and finish my dive. We all went down with about 1900PSI and our max depth was 30’. After a bit I noticed that I was running low on air (500PSI) so I signaled to my buddies lets go up. They still had 1100PSI before we went up and I had 500PSI(on the bottom). When we got to the surface my gauge changed to 1100PSI?

What is up with that? 500PSI at 20’ and 1 minute later on the surface it read 1100PSI.

Is my computer jacked up or is this some sort of safety feature?

Here is my .02cents.

The instructions are very brief! Hell, I want to know everything I can about something that is supposed to keep me safe.

HELP and thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom