Sherwood The Source Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frank Storms

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a Sherwood Source Computer that I have been
using as a backup computer. This is the model that
uses the 3.6 volt half AA battery. Recently it malfunctioned,
and I replaced the battery. It will come on, go through the
analysis and then go off. Anyone know where I can send
it for repair? It’s been a good backup computer.

Well obvious first choice is to contact Sherwood to see what they have to say. (Probably too old, but no cost in asking.)
Also, you did double check the voltage? There is also a 3v 1/2 AA the same size. I don’t know which one you need, the only manuals I find are for a button cell version.
And, maybe try another of the same battery in case you got a depleted “new” battery.

Well obvious first choice is to contact Sherwood to see what they have to say. (Probably too old, but no cost in asking.)
Also, you did double check the voltage? There is also a 3v 1/2 AA the same size. I don’t know which one you need, the only manuals I find are for a button cell version.
And, maybe try another of the same battery in case you got a depleted “new” battery.

I checked the old and new battery with a digital volt meter.
The old battery was 3.4 volts and new read 3.6.
I have emailed Sherwood, but no reply.
I last had the battery replaced in 2010, but that
shop has since gone out of business.

Thanks, will try them.
Don’t know why the site didn’t come up in search.
Guess wrong parameters.

Frank Storms,

Indeed you own the first version of the Source Sherwood dive computer (the second version uses two (2) CR2032, 3V batteries. If after turning the computer on it goes through the self-check routine and shuts off (instead of entering the surface mode) I would say the module is toasted. It fails to satisfactorily complete the start diagnostic check. I also concur with BRT's advise.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom