Sherwood SR2 low cracking effort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can't wait to hear the resolution of this...
Low cracking with the knob out is by definition a weak spring (because we don't tune with the orifice). So if the micro-adjust isn't stripped, and it's in all the way, shimming the spring will raise cracking effort without moving the Venturi vane in.
If the micro adjust is stripped, just treat it like a G250 with low cracking effort: shim the spring anyway and ignore the micro.

Knob seems to work fine. Pic shows nipple as far out as it will go. I replace the spring with new. Have plenty of purge can’t get it above .7.

1707807916018.jpeg

The hose end adjuster doesn’t move the orifice travel without dropping the lever, the floating orifice can bind a little if not lubed well, I’m assuming it is though.

Rob’ s suggestion is looking like the answer.

My problem with the SR seconds wasn’t cracking pressure which was always great but I couldn’t get them to misbehave and trip over the curve and give me the hard rush of air I want sometimes.

The hose end adjuster doesn’t move the orifice travel without dropping the lever, the floating orifice can bind a little if not lubed well, I’m assuming it is though.

Rob’ s suggestion is looking like the answer.

My problem with the SR seconds wasn’t cracking pressure which was always great but I couldn’t get them to misbehave and trip over the curve and give me the hard rush of air I want sometimes.
When I turn the tank on, you can hear the orifice move in place. The hose adjuster works, I can adjust the lever height. This is a friends regulator and not very old. She was on a trip and was free-flowing, so she had to borrow a reg set.

When I turn the tank on, you can hear the orifice move in place. The hose adjuster works, I can adjust the lever height. This is a friends regulator and not very old. She was on a trip and was free-flowing, so she had to borrow a reg set.
The hose end adjustments shouldn’t have and lever height change, if memory serves, I no longer have any of these to look at to confirm this but you could put the barrel together and pressurize it and move the adjuster to confirm this or not.

The hose end adjustments shouldn’t have and lever height change, if memory serves, I no longer have any of these to look at to confirm this but you could put the barrel together and pressurize it and move the adjuster to confirm this or not.
OK standby I’ll try that. Thanks

Barrel fully charged and two adjustments below.

1707834195944.jpeg

1707834221692.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom