SHERWOOD SR1 Reg.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RawFish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi Everyone...

I bought a Sherwood SR1 reg. last weekend and am pretty exited about trying it out (still too cold for diving in Montreal though, but we'll get there...).

I've been reading a lot about it for the past 2 years and apparently Scuba labs, LDS and reviews all praise it... We'll see about that.

I got a question for experienced users of the SR1. At the 1st stage, the LP turret should go on top or at the bottom? I've read that some prefer it one way, some the other. Some argue that on top it turns more easily and the HP hose is better positioned. Some oppose saying the turret is too high and hits the back of the head... but then at the bottom, the LP hose to the bcd is directed into your back and not onto your shoulder, etc.

One thing is sure, it's got a unique hose orientation to get used to; people have found their ways, and Sherwood doesn't really specify how to set it up.

Would it make a difference in operation or performance whether it's up or down?

Cheers!

There isn't a right or wrong way up. Try with the turret down first and if it works for you just leave it like that.

img0308b.jpg

Have mine mounted this way - works for me :)

My Oceanic Delta 2 piston has the same issue, and when I first got it I put the turret up, and later switched to the way Timoblue above. Both ways worked but I like the down turret (as Timoblue has) better. It's more compact and looks better.

Adam

That's true... more compact. How about the LP inflator hose, does it point into your back and is forced to bend over your shoulder?

Hey Timoblue, form the pic above, I can tell that you got the Second stage in the back and the Octo closer to the BCD. Any reason?

That's true... more compact. How about the LP inflator hose, does it point into your back and is forced to bend over your shoulder?

I have not noticed any issues with the LP inflator hose with the turret down. The turret rotates to find a point of least stress on the hoses.

Adam

Personally i can say i have not come across this problem. But if it was the case i'm sure a slight bc adjustment in relation to its position on the tank would rectify it.

As Hatul says the turret will pivot which allows for more movement and less stress on the hoses.

Hey Timoblue, form the pic above, I can tell that you got the Second stage in the back and the Octo closer to the BCD. Any reason?

Depends on what you term 'in the back' - This pic might show it better.

img0308a.jpg

LDS rigged up the rest and did some fine tuning after slight problems - surface free flowing http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/sherwood-scuba/275713-sherwood-sr1.html

whodunit68 has logged far more dives on this reg than i have and there's probably other peeps on this board who also sport the SR1 with a varying degree of dive time and user knowledge.

That said.. i can't wait to get back in the water again this weekend and breathe in its qualities - It is a good reg.

Awesome! I'll test it tomorrow night at the pool (gotta check if my drysuit leaks) and will post the outcome.

Thanks a lot guys!

Back
Top Bottom