Sherwood SR1 - opinions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Interested in opinions from DIR divers... Mods - please move post youl it is in an inappropriate section.

A little background:

I live in Thailand.

I use pretty much use Apeks DIN regs exclusively for diving but have a yoke Scubapro MK20/S600 for single tank diving (my very first regulator purchase). The Scubapro has been extremely reliable and has served me well for the past nine years but the cost of servicing/parts is very high compared to Apeks.

My life would be made considerably easier (and cheaper) if I was to switch to Apeks but am very fond of the hose routing of the MK20. The cost of Atomic regs are on the high side here so am looking at the Sherwood SR1 that my LDS has started to sell - it offers the same hose routing options as my MK20 and I can get a good deal on parts from my LDS.

Has anyone here tried the SR1? I noticed that the Sherwood first stage looks very very similar to the Atomic Aquatic design - is there a connection?

Any other suggestions for a single tank regulator?

I think the SR1 has excellent potential, but it is potential that is so far yet to be realized. I would hold off on getting one until the reliability issues are resolved.

The Scubapro, SR1 and Atomics designs are all flow through balanced piston designs so they all have a similar layout as an artifact of the design contraints and what works within those parameters.

Going to ask my LDS whether they'd let me try one out.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom