Sherwood SR1 and the stupid clip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AndyDiverkiwi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all, Im curios if anyone else has had this problem. I had a look at my wife's SR1 2nd stage, and when I removed the hose, the e-clip that was on the shaft broke off into multiple bits. As I have now discovered, that clip was there to stop the hose from binding up when tightened back on (the reg wont rotate) I am having a hard time trying buy the correct clip for the reg, just wondering if anyone has come up with another good solution. Filing the shaft down has come to mind.......

Yes, before you say it, no I wont throw it into the bin.

Are you sure you really need that clip?
The SR2 2nd looks exact the same on the schematics as the SR1 2nd, just that the C-Clip is missing.......

Are you sure you really need that clip?
The SR2 2nd looks exact the same on the schematics as the SR1 2nd, just that the C-Clip is missing.......
Yes, I am aware of that change on the SR2. I have tried other hoses on the reg with the same problem that the reg can not rotate.

If that helps, I could order that clip(s) next time when I place an order with Sherwood........
yeh that would be great, I have asked a Sherwood technician here but they seem to not be able to order this. Do you have a SR1?

I know that for the moment it's very difficult to get parts from Sherwood here in Europe, because there is no representative here since a couple of years.
Please send a PM.

The clip is supposed to be under the retaining nut and acts as a limiter to the orifice adjuster, it really seems unnecessary, I have an SR1 without it and it works fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom