Sherwood Maximus v. Zeagle flathead zx IV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

castanagajt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have been contemplating about these regulators for a few days now. I like the idea that the maximus is 100.00 cheaper than the zeagle flathead.

The cost of the sherwood I heard is much cheaper for the parts against other competing brands, possibly lots of dive shop maintenance support around the world. Possibly a faster turnaround time too.

yet the zeagle doesn't have as many dive shops carrying their product but I like the idea that zeagle offers free annual service parts kit for the lifetime of the product to the original owner? I am sure the breathing may be a little better on this one, yet that one won't be an issue.

Basically, I want a tough regulator, cheap to maintain yet a great performer and service support is almost readily available.

Please keep it within these two brands, I would most appreciate it and aswell as your inputs.

I have 2 Flatheads and like them. Big in the Tech world, US made, ScubaToys sells them!!!

I recently got a flathead xp and it's the best reg i've breathed off, hands down

Bought my Flathead five years ago, and no problems. I have a MK 25 also and the Flathead breathes better. The Zeagle is still the best breathing reg I've ever used. Sherwoods are good, the Zeagle is better. :palmtree: Bob

scubatoys has a package that I really like it is the Zeagle Brigade Tusa package and they are offering the Zeagle zx50-D regulator, I think I like this regulator fine, but do you think I should spend the extra 50.00 for the Zeagle Flathead IV?

I am also thinking of asking Scubatoys if I can substitute the Tusa SCA-343 with a Sherwood Wisdom 2 with the difference?

do you need a sealed reg? are you ice diving?
if not then go with the flathead xp

Zeagle wins hands down in performance. If you're worried about cost, buy the ZX-DSV instead. I own two of those, and 2 Flathead VI's, and unless you'rea really deep or working really hard, you can't tell the difference.

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom