Sherwood Amphos teething problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I just received a new Sherwood Amphos computer, and while going thru the manual setting it up I seem to have got it stuck in ALT time mode. I can get it into watch mode by pressing the M button but after a few minutes it goes back to ALT mode. Also I cannot change the ALT mode from OFF to anything else.

Secondly on my first trip out it started in Gauge mode, wet activation is set to ON so I was expecting the NORM computer mode. Is this a dud or have I set something wrong.

FYI I am a dive professional and have been diving for 30+ years as well as owned plenty of dive computers so this is proving to be very frustrating:(

---------- Post added June 25th, 2015 at 04:26 PM ----------

I guess I am the only one with this problem :dork2:

How did you resolve this?

I just received a new Sherwood Amphos computer, and while going thru the manual setting it up I seem to have got it stuck in ALT time mode. I can get it into watch mode by pressing the M button but after a few minutes it goes back to ALT mode. Also I cannot change the ALT mode from OFF to anything else.

Secondly on my first trip out it started in Gauge mode, wet activation is set to ON so I was expecting the NORM computer mode. Is this a dud or have I set something wrong.

FYI I am a dive professional and have been diving for 30+ years as well as owned plenty of dive computers so this is proving to be very frustrating:(

---------- Post added June 25th, 2015 at 04:26 PM ----------

I guess I am the only one with this problem :dork2:

Still stuck in AL mode but I haven't been diving with it again so I haven't managed to see if it will dive as a computer rather than a bottom timer. If it stays the same I guess this is a a dud and will be going back to Sherwood.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

---------- Post added July 4th, 2015 at 10:14 AM ----------

I took the battery out then put it back in and now is in the default watch mode, we shall see if it is going to be a dive computer on the next dive. So far not that impressed 😞

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom