Review Shearwater Teric with Narked at 90 bungee mount and AMX Teknology aluminum screen protector

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

datth

Contributor
Reaction score
San Francisco Bay Area & Northern Virginia
# of dives
200 - 499
I got a Teric recently with a blue bezel. Love the unit so far but despite having included screen protector from SW, the bezel on the Teric is bonded to the sapphire which is bonded to the AMOLED screen and is not replaceable. Thus I looked into a metal bezel protector to protect the unit and also a way to put it on a bungee mount.

IMG_6302.JPG

One bungee mount option is the 3D printed ones from Russia. The 3D printed one v2.0 one can be purchased from eBay or Amazon. Unfortunately, despite working well, the 3D printed bungee mount does not work with the screen protector from AMX. I ended up returning it.

IMG_6315.JPG
IMG_6314.JPG
IMG_6313.JPG

On the other hand, the bungee mount by Narked at 90 (based in the UK) works very well with the aluminum screen protector from AMX Teknology (based in France). The distributor for AMX Teknology in America is Paragon Dive Adventure. They restock them pretty often it seems. I got both of them tax-free and without shipping fees from DRIS (Dive Right in Scuba) for $100 total. The holes on the Narked at 90 bungee mount is about 3mm wide and I threaded the small 1/8" (3mm) bungee through it just fine. Another improvement is to maybe find a thinner o-ring to keep the bezel protector on.

The bungee mount is made of PVD coated stainless steel and it's sturdy and machined very well; likewise for the bezel protector but it's anodized aluminum. I used two tiny drops of blue Loctite to keep the watch pins on tight.

I really like this setup as it makes the whole unit as small as my Uwatec/ScubaPro Digital 330M gauge (or Aladin dive computer). Hope this review helps you out.

IMG_6306.JPG
IMG_6311.JPG
IMG_6308.JPG
IMG_6304.JPG
IMG_6333.JPG

Looks nice and compact next to the Uwatec bottom timer.
IMG_6331.JPG
IMG_6332.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6305.JPG
    IMG_6305.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_6307.JPG
    IMG_6307.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 169
  • 1644373385343.jpeg
    1644373385343.jpeg
    55.5 KB · Views: 111
OK, the Blue for the pins, as recommended by Shearwater.
I thought maybe you ere referring to something about the protector!

Thanks!

Haha I use the exact same setup on my teric. Love the bungee mount but it tends to rust a little after heavy use

Back
Top Bottom