Shearwater Teric and Transmitter Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It probably depends on what app you are using on her phone. I use Subsurface and when I downloaded my granddaughters dives from an older computer I gave her when she got certified, it showed all the dives on the computer in the app download list. I was able to uncheck the entire list with one click then go back and check just her dives and download them into Subsurface. After that, it no longer tries to download anything but her new dives. I have no idea if you can do that with the app you are using but I would take a look at that to see if I could.

Thanks, I am using Sheerwaters app.

On the Teric: Menu -> Log -> Scroll up to Log Options -> Delete All

I am trying to delete only the dives that arent hers (on the teric itself) so that the only ones that download are the ones she did.

1. yes I do, its only going to take a beating if you are rough with it
2. only on my sidemount regulators.
3.I leave it attached
4. I do not trust it not to fail. on my side mount regs I only use the transmitters. I dive as if the transmitter could fail at any moment. but if it fails I end the dive. If I run out of air cause my transmitter stopped responding and I end the dive when I notice, I was not checking my air enough.
5. the range is bad. its not meant to monitor some one else's air.

Hi guys,

So we stepped up into the new millennium and each got a Shearwater Teric and transmitter. I had a few general questions regarding install, travel, and use.

1. Do the majority of people plug the transmitter directly into the hp port of their 1st stage? I feel like the transmitter and port will take a beating this way.
  2. Does anyone use a 6” hp hose to mount their transmitter?
  3. When traveling, do you remove the transmitter from the 1st stage or do you carry the regulator on your carry on?
  4. Do you trust the transmitter to not fail or do you have a regulator with 2 HP ports and have an analog backup? Both of our regulators only have 1 HP port.
  5. It appears that I can monitor my wife's air by setting up the T2 on the Teric. How far is the range? Curious if anyone else does this.
We have 2 other divers in the family, so I can always use the 2 old regulators for them when they vacay with us, so all is not lost.

I was looking at the Cressi Compact MC9 – opinions?

Thanks for any feedback
1. Yes
2. No
3. No, I carry on the complete reg with the transmitter attached.
4. I don't trust it yet. I switched from a DS4 to an FSR on my singles setup so I can run both the transmitter and an SPG.
5. Never tried this so can't comment on it.

1. No, for reasons others have stated
2. Yes
3. No, I leave on 1st stage and put the whole rig into a reg bag
4. Nope I have console with both pressure, depth and compass.
5. Probably not enough range as other have state.

Hi guys,

So we stepped up into the new millennium and each got a Shearwater Teric and transmitter. I had a few general questions regarding install, travel, and use.

1. Do the majority of people plug the transmitter directly into the hp port of their 1st stage? I feel like the transmitter and port will take a beating this way.
  2. Does anyone use a 6” hp hose to mount their transmitter?
  3. When traveling, do you remove the transmitter from the 1st stage or do you carry the regulator on your carry on?
  4. Do you trust the transmitter to not fail or do you have a regulator with 2 HP ports and have an analog backup? Both of our regulators only have 1 HP port.
  5. It appears that I can monitor my wife's air by setting up the T2 on the Teric. How far is the range? Curious if anyone else does this.
We have 2 other divers in the family, so I can always use the 2 old regulators for them when they vacay with us, so all is not lost.

I was looking at the Cressi Compact MC9 – opinions?

Thanks for any feedback

1- I used to because I thought I'd always be able to guarantee that no one touched my gear.
Under normal circumstances, that stood true. I'd unpack, setup, swap tanks, disassemble, rinse, and pack my gear myself.

But on occasion, because of unforeseen reasons, I found out my gear was handled.

Once, during a lunch surface interval at the resort, they moved all our gear from the boat we were on to another boat for some reason.
Another time, emergency repairs had to be carried out right where some great was setup in the equipment hangar. So they naturally moved all our gear to another section of the hangar.
While rare, it does happen.

2- now use a 15 cm hose

3- neither disconnect transmitter nor being as carry on - aptly packed and cargo

4- nothing will not fail - if quality, it's only a matter of time - if junk, then often
I trust that the transmitter won't fail often enough to become a nuisance

5- I've had it not transmit a few times when a hose or my back-mounted redundant tank's first stage came in periphery of the transmitter and line-of-sight of my perdix

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom