Shearwater Petrel....preorder???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you, I have a PC with integrated Bluetooth but sometimes companies use weird Bluetooth protocols. If it works directly with a mac then i should have no problems :D
They did use an odd protocol (the Predator) prior to a recent software release. I believe the Petrel was released with upgraded Bluetooth software.

Either way, I was able to connect my predator to a Mac before the Bluetooth upgrade.

I believe the Petrel comes with both elastic straps and the bungee adapter kit as well.

I was able to pair my Petrel with my Mac and download dives into MacDive with no problems (haven't tried to update the firmware using the Shearwater software yet). The petrel ships with both elastic straps with clip closures and bungee adapters.

Hi gekodivebali,

Please send an email to info at shearwaterresearch dot com and we will make sure this problem gets sorted out.

Lynn Partridge

All - just a quick question. I'm going to buy a Petrel next month. My other tech friends tell me that since I'm interested in CCR at some time in the future that I should buy the Petrel equipped for the external ppo2 sensor. I takes with Shearwater and there is no path to upgrade later as it is a physical connection. I'll buy the external ppo2 sensor at a later date. Thoughts from the tech community?

You're going to want a backup computer if/when you go CCR later on, and it would make sense to have it be another Petrel. So, why not buy the standalone Petrel now, save yourself the $500 or so, and then if/when you go CCR you can evaluate whether the Petrel EXT is the right call for you and the CCR you settle on flying. Compared to the cost of the CCR, the $500 difference ($950 Petrel now and $1500 EXT then vs. $1500 EXT now and $950 Petrel backup then) is unimportant, so why pay the extra money until you'll use the functionality?

Hi all,
My problems with uploads have vanished since i changed the Petrel's battery to a SAFT! Seems like alkaline and no top voltage dont go well with Bluetooth...
No word from Shearwater despite email...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom