Shearwater Peregrine Won't Connect To Bluetooth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi All,

I have had a hard time with the Perdrix AI and Subsurface on Windows 10 but have eventually found a procedure that worked for me... I would like to share it in case it's useful for others, it might also work on the Peregrine.

And thanks to "Sombre" for his procedure I can now use Shearwater Desktop too....

The first 8 steps only have to be performed once :

1 : Go into the Bluetooth devices panel and ensure that the Perdrix is not already paired if so remove the device.
2 : Click add a new Bluetooth device.
3 : Start Bluetooth on the Perdrix.
4 : The device should now be visible windows Bluetooth panel, select the Perdix, paring should be successful.
5 : Do not touch the Perdrix at this point, let it keep running Bluetooth.
6 : Open Subsurface.
7 : Import->Import from Dive Computer, Select Shearwater and Perdrix AI, click Bluetooth and do a search.. Once it finds the Perdix, click save…
8 : Stop Bluetooth on the Perdix.
( At this point no dives have been or should be imported, thi sis only to establish an initial reference for Subsurface as it now knows the correct ID for the device.)

The following steps must be performed every time when desiring to import the latest dives even after completing steps 1 -> 9.

9 : Go into the Bluetooth devices panel and delete the Perdrix device.
10 : Click add a new Bluetooth device.
11 : Start Bluetooth on the Perdrix.
12: The device should now be visible windows Bluetooth panel, select the Perdix, paring should be successful.
13 : Do not touch the Perdrix at this point, let it keep running Bluetooth.
14 : Open Subsurface.
15 : Import Dives from Computer, Click Download. At this point the dives should starting ”slowly” transferring to Subsurface.

I have to repeat steps 9->15 every single time that I want to download my dives but at least it works 100% of the time..

It's a very strange implementation of the Bluetooth protocol in that it appears as though the Shearwater can perform only 2 commands in succession, "Pairing + Identification" or "Pairing + Downloading" any changes to this appear to confuse the computer. Also I really don't understand why I have to Pair/Unpair every single time...

This is pretty much what I end up doing most of the time. Delete and Re-Pair Shearwater with the Android phone BT Settings. Run SW Cloud app to connect and download.

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but has anyone been able to connect their Peregrine on Windows, and use it with Subsurface?

No matter what I try, when trying to add the Peregrine on the Bluetooth settings screen, it just "thinks" for a few seconds, then tells me to try again.

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but has anyone been able to connect their Peregrine on Windows, and use it with Subsurface?

No matter what I try, when trying to add the Peregrine on the Bluetooth settings screen, it just "thinks" for a few seconds, then tells me to try again.
I am having the same problem with my wife's Peregrine. No luck so far. I do have a Perdix and I don't have any problems pairing it with my Windows 10 computer or my Android phone.

I currently have a support case open with Shearwater. Thus far they have not been helpful. Their lastest response was for me to contact Subsurface. This after a spent 30 minutes replying to their long list of questions. Despite the fact that I made it perfectly clear that the problem is the Peregrine won't pair with any device I have tried. Instead, they pretend I am asking for Subsurface support.

I had a second unrelated problem with this Peregrine which has yet to be resolved after several months. I don't know if it is just me but thus far in spite of their reputation, I have to say I'm not at all impressed with Shearwater's customer support.

For what (very little) it is worth, my Peregrine downloads to Subsurface on Linux without pairing. I don't know if that even makes sense on Windows.

From my limited understanding, and it goes beyond Shearwater BT problems, it is that the bluetooth protocol is all over the place without standardization. I have computers that work, and others that don't. Why? I'm told that different brands may have different protocol standards... :tired: SW gets blamed for computer industry non-standardization... IDK....

I'm far from blaming Shearwater when it works with some, and not with others...

From my limited understanding, and it goes beyond Shearwater BT problems, it is that the bluetooth protocol is all over the place without standardization. I have computers that work, and others that don't. Why? I'm told that different brands may have different protocol standards... :tired: SW gets blamed for computer industry non-standardization... IDK....

I'm far from blaming Shearwater when it works with some, and not with others...
I hear what you're saying. It seems like this is a known problem. Searching Scubaboard there are many people dealing with the problem. It seems that Shearwaters' solution is to use their app and then sync to use the decktop software. Sure it works but it isn't really a fix.

My Perdix works perfectly with Windows 10 and Android. I have never had a problem pairing it, so it isn't an insurmountable problem.

For what (very little) it is worth, my Peregrine downloads to Subsurface on Linux without pairing. I don't know if that even makes sense on Windows.
That is good to know, thanks. I will add that my wife's Peregrine downloads to the Shearwater app(Android), also without pairing.

I have 2 perdix and both won't connec to the app. Just no device found. Worked fine some weeks ago.
Beware possible updates on your phone. They may break something,. or at least force you to reconfigure...like re-pair, etc.

when trying to add the Peregrine on the Bluetooth settings screen, it just "thinks" for a few seconds, then tells me to try again.
I had issues with my Teric doing it this way. I had better (though not perfect) luck by NOT pairing in the system BT settings, and instead pairing "on the fly" within Subsurface.

Honestly, I've given up and usually just download via mobile phone to the cloud storage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom