Shearwater Peregrine Won't Connect To Bluetooth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After much frustration, I have had some success which I thought I would detail here in the hope that it might be helpful.

Like others I have had no success pairing a Peregrine to any device. Not for lack of trying, I have attempted to pair many Android devices, 3 different Windows computers, and my daughter's iPhone with zero to show for my troubles.

I finally opened a support case with Shearwater. At first I was told, "We don't support Subsurface". But I insisted that I wasn't asking for Subsurface support, just support pairing the Peregrine. It was then that I receive a reply from an engineer that was very helpful. According to the support email I recieved the Bluetooth chip in the Peregrine likely does not support pairing. Instead I was instructed to try the following using the Subsurface Android app:

1. Without trying to pair your Peregrine open the Subsurface app
2. Open the dive computer download interface in Subsurface and manually select Shearwater and Peregrine in the dropdown menu
3. Start bluetooth on the Peregrine
4. Subsurface will detect the Peregrine and auto populate the connection information, this may take a moment.
5. You should now be able to download your dives to the Subsurface app.

When I first received these instructions they did not work for me. I was about to give up when I decided to try using an old Sony phone I had laying around. Amazingly it worked. Although I have been unable to get it to work with my Pixel 4a or 5a. So if your phone doesn't work try another Android device if you have one.

This isn't a perfect fix to be sure. It doesn't seem to work with all Android devices. Also I found it to be slow, but I had better luck when selectling the force download all dives box. Of course you can always download to the Shearwater app then export to Subsurface.

Hi everyone, bumping this thread because I just bought a Shearwater Peregrine, excited about the Bluetooth feature, but turns out I can't connect it to anything on my Google Pixel 4a Android phone (neither Shearwater Cloud App nor DivingLog app). On my computer I managed to succesfully connect to Shearwater Cloud Desktop App (after a couple of tries), but DivingLog is also not working (I asked on the DivingLog forum regarding this already).

Has anyone come up with a working solution? Pretty bummed about not being able to use it on my phone. I also contacted Shearwater, but no reply yet.

Edit: Magically it just worked for Shearwater Cloud App on the phone! Only change was that I've turned on my GPS in the meantime. Will report back if I have any other success with DivingLog (on phone or computer).

Edit 2: It also worked with the DivingLog Android App now! Still no connection possible on Windows.

If I have understood anything, it's that Windows breaks the Bluetooth LE protocole, so I just sync with my telephone which in turn syncs with the cloud.

Don't waste your time with Windows , it's just an endless heartache with Shearwater. It's a shame but I do not believe there are any other solid and viable solutions.

If I have understood anything, it's that Windows breaks the Bluetooth LE protocole, so I just sync with my telephone which in turn syncs with the cloud.

Don't waste your time with Windows , it's just an endless heartache with Shearwater. It's a shame but I do not believe there are any other solid and viable solutions.
I have no problems connecting BT from my Shearwaters to Shearwater Cloud on my WIN11 desktop.
Subsurface is another matter.

Don't waste your time with Windows , it's just an endless heartache with Shearwater. It's a shame but I do not believe there are any other solid and viable solution
I must admit that I do not like Shearwater Cloud, so I do not use it, and as you said Subsurface won't work. I have several computers from different makers hence my desire to use Subsurface...

I now also managed to connect it to the Shearwater Cloud Desktop App on Windows 10, still no connection possible to DivingLog though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom