Shearwater Peregrine Won't Connect To Bluetooth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks..it was easy peasy on my ipad...ill try again tomorrow on the s20.

Thank u all for your response...

I recently had a similar issue with my Teric and Galaxy S10. Had to re-pair it to my phone under Settings > Connections > Bluetooth, and then it popped right back up to connect in the Shearwater app.

Always a great bit of fun...

I actuallyhad to use a tablet/phone to update the firmware on mine, then it would connect to my PC...

My new Peregrine connected to my phone with no problem but I can’t get it to connect with my Windows 10 laptop. The Bluetooth finds the Peregrine but when try to connect it doesn’t do anything and the Peregrine says wait pc

Connecting my Perdix to Bluetooth is always a struggle. I usually fiddle with it for half an hour and then it decides to work.

Connecting my Perdix to Bluetooth is always a struggle. I usually fiddle with it for half an hour and then it decides to work.
Same. Just keep reconnecting until it works

I’ve never gotten my either of my Perdix to connect to my MacBook. I just update them through the app.

I'm sorry to dig up this thread but i think than it's important.

I'm the owner of a Shearwater Peregrine and i had also issues to connect to Shearwater cloud desktop in bluetooth on windows 10.

I found the source of the issue, so i will try to explain how i manage to connect :

- If you use another bluetooth dongle than the one of your motherboard, you need first to disable the bluetooth motherboard driver in Device Manager (Disable device)
- When this is done, simply connect your bluetooth dongle to your computer. (Windows 10 can't handle two bluetooth device at the same time, that's the main reason why there is driver problem in the first place)
- Launch Shearwater cloud desktop
- Click on Connect
- Click on "+"
- Click on "Scan for dive computer"
- During the scan, activate the bluetooth on the dive computer. And only during this time. (If it's successfull, the dive computer will appears on Shearwater cloud desktop)
- If successfull, the sentence "Wait CMD" will appears on the dive computer.

If you activate the bluetooth on the dive computer BEFORE launching the scan, it will not work.
If you try to connect with windows 10 on the dive computer with the bluetooth windows 10 wizard, it will not work. (The feature "Add Bluetooth or other device" in Bluetooth & other devices)
If you try to connect with windows 10 on the dive computer with Networks connections, it will not work. (The feature in Network connections. When you right click on the bluetooth device and select View bluetooth network devices)

YOU NEED TO USE THE SHEARWATER SOFTWARE. Not Windows.

I saw someone talking about an issue with USB3.0 and Peregrine. My motherboard is only in USB3.0 (who handle USB2.0 connectivity), so i don't know if this USB3.0 issue is real or not. I didn't try on a USB3.0 plug since i don't have a USB3.0 cable. (And i still believe than i don't have any USB2.0 plug on this motherboard, even if they are not blue)

N.B : For info, when you connect on Android, it's the same problem, you need to launch the scan first before activating the bluetooth on the dive computer. Else, it will not work.

I hope it will help people.

My new Peregrine connected to my phone with no problem but I can’t get it to connect with my Windows 10 laptop. The Bluetooth finds the Peregrine but when try to connect it doesn’t do anything and the Peregrine says wait pc
Ditto ^.
Edit: Opens on my PC now [Shearwater deck top and cloud], does not sync with Subsurface though.

Sorry, i don't understand your answer. It's not the same. I couldn't find any tutorial explaining the right procedure to manage the connection with 100% of success.

So i made one here because it's one of the first result in google for this issue.

And the guy, you quote, had issues to connect to his laptop. And i'm almost certain than it's the same problem than me. Also pretty sure than my advice will fix his problem. And i believe than my tutorial will help people.

If anyone find this helpful, give me feedback please. I want to know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom