Shearwater Peregrine Won't Connect To Bluetooth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aqua Turtle

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone else have problems with the new Shearwater? I just bought it tonight but it will not connect to my Windows Surface 7pro, my Pixel 4Xl, or my iPhone. All the devices will see it but it will not connect. Should I take it back to the store and return it tomorrow or has anyone else had this issue?

Anyone else have problems with the new Shearwater? I just bought it tonight but it will not connect to my Windows Surface 7pro, my Pixel 4Xl, or my iPhone. All the devices will see it but it will not connect. Should I take it back to the store and return it tomorrow or has anyone else had this issue?
How old is your iPhone? You need BT LE which started with the iPhone 6s orhereabouts.

I suggest going back to the shop and asking for help and trying another Shearwater with your phone. While I have had issues with Windows PCs I have had complete success with iPads and iPhones.

I read that the latest peregrine firmware contains bluetooth fixes, so that's another thing to try (although how to upgrade the firmware without bluetooth sounds like a catch-22)

I was having a heck of a time getting my Perdix to connect to my Motorola G6, until I realized I had to pick the Perdix on a list of devices to connect with on my phone. That felt really stupid.

Hello. I suggest trying to connect one device at a time. Make sure Bluetooth is off, within the other devices. Also, if you have other computers, Desktop, laptop etc. make sure they are of as well.
I had a computer in another room, running Win 8 in a virtual machine that interfered with the Bluetooth connection. Once, I shut down the virtual machine it worked fine. If, you're at wits end????
Shearwaters customer service will walk you through it.
Cheers.
Edit: Win 7 May not be compatible? Although, that shouldn't have anything to do with the other devices.
Call Shearwater.....:wink:

View media item 209695

I’m having issues connecting my new Periguine to my Samsung S20? When I select it in BT, it says I need an app..

I already have the app on my phone, but it just continues to scan for my phone? Searches for three minutes then cuts off?

I have 2 perdix and both won't connec to the app. Just no device found. Worked fine some weeks ago.

I’m having issues connecting my new Periguine to my Samsung S20? When I select it in BT, it says I need an app..

I already have the app on my phone, but it just continues to scan for my computer? Searches for three minutes then cuts off?

Have you tried turning off computer bluetooth?

I have struggled with this for years and finally found the solution.

1) Go to a location far from any WiFi hubs or other electronics. (end of my driveway for example)
2) Put your SW in Bluetooth Mode
3) On your Phone manually pair to the SW in the phone's native bluetooth settings
4) Run the Shearwater Cloud app and start the sync

This works about 90% of the time as oppose to 10% when I'm not in a dead zone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom