Shearwater Peregrine Battery Life in Standby?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
FrogmanFred

FrogmanFred

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi,
I bought a Shearwater Peregrine in April this year. After a short while I realised the battery didn't last more than a few days in standby (i.e. not being switched on at all). I returned it to NarkedAt90 who are the Shearwater agents here in the UK and they quickly replaced the battery and returned the unit.

However, I seem to be having the same issue yet again with the new battery not holding a charge. I turned it on a few weeks after receiving it back and it was completely flat and everything had to be reset.
The battery only lasts 8 days (max!) from full charge when not in use. The Peregrine manual says to "top up" the battery every 3 months but my battery is at almost half power after 3 days. I have emailed NarkedAt90 but they have not responded :mad:
You'll see from the photo attached that after 4 days batter is at half charge.

Has anyone else had this issue with their Peregrine battery? I love this dive computer but am starting to have regrets.

Cheers!
FF

Attachments

• tempImageExNUp0.png
    tempImageExNUp0.png
    708.3 KB · Views: 148
I have sent Shearwater computers in for work several times over the years. The process was always simple and straightforward and the folks at the other end were pleasant to deal with.

I’ve dealt with Divetronix before too, on the yellow transmitter recall a few years back. They were great to deal with. OP in the UK, however.

Narked at 90 have now emailed back with a copy and pasted standard response.
Attached is a two page form to complete and scan and then email back to them. I must then also include a hard copy of this form with the dive computer when I sent it back to them all AT MY OWN EXPENSE.

The number of terms and conditions contained in the return form is astounding. One wrong move on my part and the blame, costs, responsibility etc lands back on me it seems. The customer is always WRONG.

Just popping off now to get a legal degree before packaging up the Peregrine in a bomb-proof container, placing it in an armoured transport van, dropping my trousers, bending over and waiting for the response from Narked.
Wish me luck!

I have sent Shearwater computers in for work several times over the years. The process was always simple and straightforward and the folks at the other end were pleasant to deal with.
We are seeing the differences between the US and the UK service centers.

Im sure this is just an anomaly. If I don't get anywhere with the agents I will go directly to Shearwater. I still believe theirs to be a premium brand.

It is always best to go directly to Shearwater in the first place. They will then direct you where to go.

In my case the depth sensor in my Perdix died. I'm based in Australia. Shearwater put me in direct contact with the repair agent in NZ. I sent my unit to them and 2 weeks later I had a new Perdix.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom