Shearwater Perdix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I leave the 'outside' loop closed. I loop it around my hand and then close the back one around my wrist. Makes it easy to put it on solo. I do a lot of pull and glide on wrecks and have found that the clasps have held up well. I also like that it does not have a tendency to move on my arm.

Shearwater Mount.jpg

Last edited:
3) when you get a deco stop greater than your presetting (say 6m) and you are required to do say a 9m deco the time shows only the first deco stop (of say 2min at 9m) and the 6m deco is not shown except in the TTS ( so if you had 2min at 9m and 16min at 6m it only shows 2min at 9m and the TTS shows 18min +/-) -id like it if it showed me the 6m deco and the 9m deco at the same time one under the other

Without switching screens, I don't know that there's a good way of showing more than one stop depth/time. I mean, maybe two but certainly not 6+ different stop depths.

Had my first dives with my new Perdix yesterday. Love it.

Got shown a nice way to do the buckles up solo also. Rig them so the female clips are towards you (with the elastic going away from you and around the arm) and slide them so the female clips are close to the computer body. Place the computer on your arm, and hold one of the female clips in place with your right thumb (computer on left arm in this case). Use the rest of your right fingers to find the male clip. Once found, its a simple matter of plugging it in. Simples!

Good advice for the clips, worked well!

Had my first two dives yesterday, ran it in rec mode as they were basic shore dives. Such an awesome dive computer. So easy to use and read when underwater. Where has this been all my diving life!

Back
Top Bottom